sensor cleaning

Charliedelta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
It's time to clean my sensor again. Lots of dust spots are everywhere and the blower is not enough.

In the past I brought my camera to the technicians to do it, but I'm now considering getting the kit and doing it myself.

I was wondering how many of you clean it yourselves and how many bring it in?

Thanks,

I can't fathom why so many fear cleaning their own sensor. It's stupendously easy to do. And you really have to try hard to screw it up. Sending your camera in for such a simply task is not only fiscally silly, but you're out the use of the camera for that time frame.

Get a proper kit, watch some YouTube videos and just DO IT. Just don't try to cut corners and cobble your own tools togethers. Yeah, I realize there's some who say, "Hey, just use a cotton swab!" or "I just cut down an old spatula and it works great!", but funny how they never made a comment about it since they posted their how-to video back in '06.

Once you realize how easy it is, you'll be kicking yourself for not starting to do it for yourself earlier.

I use Visible Dust stuff 'cuz that's what my local store sells.

I have swabs for both DX and FX, as well as the fluid and an Arctic Butterfly.

I have what Charlie has. The box of sensor swabs has lasted a long time, as has the fluid. I never use my blower inside the shutter box, figure it will just move dust onto the sensor.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back