Sensor Swab

Causapscal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

What is the best sensor swab for full frame camera ?

Is it better to clean it myself or at a shop ?

Thanks !

Thanks Beagle. I know how to clean the sensor but I don't Know if is safe to do that...

Thanks Beagle. I know how to clean the sensor but I don't Know if is safe to do that...

OK, you have previously cleaned a sensor but now question whether it is a safe thing to do?
yes, it's safe if done properly with the correct solution and correct size swab

OK, you have previously cleaned a sensor but now question whether it is a safe thing to do?

Never clean Sensor, only mirror... But I've seen on internet the technic.

I checked Amazon and some products are cheap, others more expensive. I suppose that the more expensive is better...

Thanks for your reply !

I checked Amazon and some products are cheap, others more expensive. I suppose that the more expensive is better...

Thanks for your reply !

not necessarily
the Amazon package with eclipse solution, pec pads and swabs are fine for DSLR cameras

Thanks for your reply !
That's why they price them higher because you will think they are better. Compare chemical analysis and not prices.

Like lenses, alcool 70% is the right thing!

Last edited:
You don't want to try cleaning the mirror (I guess you don't have to worry about that now with a mirrorless camera). However as the mirrorless do not have a mirror I have heard they can collect more dust on the sensor over a DSLR.

I have always just used a sensor swab and a drop of Eclipse. Go one way, flip swab over and back the other way and toss (the swab). The pack of swabs and bottle of Eclipse I bought has lasted years so the price now seems completely reasonable.

Best to check for your particular camera.

And as Dave pointed out use the solution and Swab as discribed and no more solution then recommendation,More is not better and will only lead to bad streaking on the sensor

Yes, You're right !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back