Sensor

i'm curious....where did you get this brush from....for cleaning digital camera sensor?.....i've only seen brush for lenses.......also...blowing into your sensor is the last you want to do...because the moisture will be left behind and create water spots....possibly what you are seeing now......anyhow...good luck on your rescue mission

the brush i got is just a chap bulb brush that came with lens tissue and cleaner, i think i paid like $12 for it and im new to cleaning cameras and stuff so basically dont do what i did

ok, you blew on it .. never do that if you want to save you some hassle ;)

the brush i got is just a chap bulb brush that came with lens tissue and cleaner, i think i paid like $12 for it and im new to cleaning cameras and stuff so basically dont do what i did

ok, even better now, those bulb brushes are full of grease and whatever .. at least by sensor standards.

I am very confident now that your sensor only needs a good cleaning after you got all the mud on it :)

i'm curious....where did you get this brush from....for cleaning digital camera sensor?

I buy all of my sensor cleaning tools from micro-tools.com. Here's the link to the sensor brushes.

https://www.micro-tools.com/store/SearchByCategory.aspx?CategoryCode=DCC

They are $25 now, but 2 years ago they were over $50. The same brush at an art supply store is less than $8, but there is crud on it. I read up on cleaning the brush, and thought I'd done a pretty good job. NOT!!! But I was trying to save $50+. Today you can bet I'd just spend the $25 on a clean brush.

I did a wet clean using Pec pads, Eclipse fluid, and a homemade sensor wand (only $9 now, but 2 years ago over $20). Since then 've been using a foot pump blower: no chems, gas, moisture, etc..., just a bellows and a hose. I keep it sealed in a plastic bag, and only bring it out to blow off my sensors about once a month, or when I notice dust. This has worked very well for me.

i did a wet cleaning on the camera just with some lens cleaner and tissue and the marks didnt appear to be gone off the sensor but i took some random shots inside and outside with a whole range of apertures and there was no evidence of any marks or anything ill wait a while before I go to henrys to get it cleaned because it seems to be fine as is.

Most reactions

Back