Sent D600 for oil spots, $300 bill for mount?

MOREGONE

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A little ticked right now.

I sent my D600 to have the oil spots addressed, again. I just got an email saying my mount is bent and it is $300 something to have it fixed I wasn't even having any issues with it. The only thing that may be suspect is the Ai-Coupling I observed clicking and made a thread about

Grr. Last thing I wanted was a bill. This is the 3rd time the camera has been with Nikon and if anything, I was hoping they may exchange it, not bill me. See the spots all over in the upper left?

Four PeaksJanuary 19, 2015-4.jpg

Have you called them and said: hey bitches I don't care about the mount, fix my oil. ???

In the event that after this customer service measure has been performed, dust particle spots are still visible in your images, please contact Nikon Customer Relations by phone at the number indicated below to discuss your concern. If appropriate, Nikon will either replace your camera with a new D600 camera or its equivalent model.

I would remind them it's the third time it's been in for the oil... Then remind them they've been known to exchange them after the third time.

So I have called them and working with foreign customer service agents remains to be a thorn in my side. Nothing against Indians or foreigners but it is just difficult to share your frustration when it seems like sentences over 5 words fall on deaf ears.

I've asked for some proof the camera is broken, I believe something is being done about that. They offered me a 20% discount which is better than nothing. But, I feel like if anything the camera was damaged in their hands on during shipping. If this camera didn't have to be sent in for their issues then I would't be in this situation.

I explained this is the 3rd time they've had the camera now and it's upsetting for them to propose I fix a faulty camera just for the issues to show back up. I did say I thought they were replacing the D600's not asking people to invest more into them.

Guess I'll go make another post in my ticket online. The last one wasn't answered sure this one won't be either.

Did you use their free shipping label?

This thread reminds me of this:
FYI D750 impact damage when sent in for flair repair - FM Forums

You need to get on the phone with the facility that has you camera and find out exactly what's going on with it. I would stop talking about the current damage and press the oil issue as this is the third time you've sent it back and now this. I'd escalate this as far up as I can go until they sned me a new camera.

You basically sent your camera in for a free oil change, and now jiffy lube wants to charge you to flush your radiator and replace the air filter and not do your oil change.

Did you use their free shipping label?

This thread reminds me of this:
FYI D750 impact damage when sent in for flair repair - FM Forums

You need to get on the phone with the facility that has you camera and find out exactly what's going on with it. I would stop talking about the current damage and press the oil issue as this is the third time you've sent it back and now this. I'd escalate this as far up as I can go until they sned me a new camera.

You basically sent your camera in for a free oil change, and now jiffy lube wants to charge you to flush your radiator and replace the air filter and not do your oil change.

Yes I used their shipping label. Still awaiting for a response to my online ticket. Talking on the phone with the standard CSR is painful. Your analogy about Jiffy Lube couldn't be more perfect. It is exactly how I feel right now.

Thanks for sharing that link. Going through it now. This is just all around frustrating. And of course I picked up a 2nd shooter short notice for this weekend. Fortunately I have my D700 and a good buddy is letting me use his D600 so I have 2 bodies. The hassle this has been. Ugh.

hah! LOVED the Jiffy Lube upsell analogy from Braineack! Sorry to hear about this repair situation on your D600...that sux...

So I have called them and working with foreign customer service agents remains to be a thorn in my side. Nothing against Indians or foreigners but it is just difficult to share your frustration when it seems like sentences over 5 words fall on deaf ears.

I've asked for some proof the camera is broken, I believe something is being done about that. They offered me a 20% discount which is better than nothing. But, I feel like if anything the camera was damaged in their hands on during shipping. If this camera didn't have to be sent in for their issues then I would't be in this situation.

I explained this is the 3rd time they've had the camera now and it's upsetting for them to propose I fix a faulty camera just for the issues to show back up. I did say I thought they were replacing the D600's not asking people to invest more into them.

Guess I'll go make another post in my ticket online. The last one wasn't answered sure this one won't be either.
They get these people for 2 bucks an hour what can you expect good luck sir I hope they replace it , they should.

any updates morgan?

After waiting 2 days they replied to my ticket saying they needed 24-48 hours more. So I called in again yesterday. Got a manager on the phone yesterday and she was a breath of fresh air! Let me step back, called in, and the first person took a look at my record and before I could say anything she suggested I speak to her manager, so that was nice and they were both stateside.

The manager has been a lot more understanding and she requested sample images which I sent to her last night. The first pic I provided was out of Lightroom so they couldn't accept it. Asked for JPG's SOOC or converted in ViewNX 2 which I did last night. The service department still hasn't provided any proof of damages and I was again told 24-48 hours for photos.

Sounds like the manager is going to work with my pictures to make a case to the business unit about getting it replaced. There may be some resistance because it is in service with an 'issue' but even if they meet me in the middle I am feeling a lot better about the situation.

unedited

This is from August and before the biggest glob showed up

Storm Chsasing-136.JPG

yeah that looks exactly like I'd except the original shutter to spew oil on the sensor. My oil pattern in the top left looked identical.

fortunately after the shutter replacement, i haven't had a drop of oil since--but I also don't shoot as much as you.

why would they need to pictures though? they all they need to do is lock the mirror up and see for themselves.

hah! LOVED the Jiffy Lube upsell analogy from Braineack! Sorry to hear about this repair situation on your D600...that sux...

Reminds me of the time I took my truck in for new brakes. They called me and said the transmission needed serviced, the spark plugs and fuel filter needed changed, the muffler was loose and I had a headlight out.

I asked, 'Have you even looked at the brakes?' They said, 'No, not yet'.

So I told 'em to take it off the lift and back out to the parking lot. They seemed baffled. I told 'em I needed the brakes worked on. I knew perfectly well there's other issues, but I can only afford to fix so much. Brakes were the most important at the moment. They told me I could ruin my transmission by not getting it fixed. I said, 'I can ruin the whole GD truck if I wrap it around a guard rail because the effing brakes don't work!'

They seemed a bit miffed about not getting a dime out of me.

Most reactions

Back