Sentimental Panoramic's

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Rhubarb, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Rhubarb

Rhubarb TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The first three pictures here I never meant to be panorama's. They are of the dairy at my grand fathers farm a place I had spent all my spare time at while growing up.

At the time I took the shots some 2.5 years ago I hadn't really got into photography, I was simply documenting the place (as it was being sold), rather than trying to take 'good' shots. The shots were taken on a digital p&s.

A couple of months ago I was looking through the pics and I noticed some overlapped each other and might be able to become panorama's. I was ecstatic when I was able to peice some of them together to bring together the entire scene.

Now knowing a lot more about photography than what I did then, I returned to the farm at Christmas time to try and improve on what I already had by accident. When I arrived I found the old tank stands and some of the yards ripped down. I was devastated as these added so much character to the scene.

I was so devastated that I didn't have a chance to take more shots, that I only took three pictures and left. Those three pictures are picture #4 here.

I intend on getting one of these pictures done quite large as a present to my grand father. I would love your help on what pic you think is best and any idea's on any post processing that may improve the picture quailty.

Cheers,
    Rhu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Goowha

Goowha TPF Noob!

Very good!

3. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

I think I'd go with #1. I like #4, but it won't be the same look that your grandfather remembers. :)

4. Aoide

Aoide TPF Noob!

I like #2. I actually think #2 and #3 would look good framed and matted together. My grandmother has something like that of her farm.

5. 'Daniel'

'Daniel' TPF Noob!

I really like number 3. Its like this place is where you grew up and the road has led you to the unknown.

6. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I love panoramical shots! I think I'll specialize in this :)