sepia wrench

defectir3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
whats up guys this picture lost a wee bit of detail when i switched it to jpeg BUT im looking for input on exposure, light, and compositon. please be brutal and pick this apart. feel free to edit if you wish thanks guys

As far as your questions on light, exposure and composition are concerned, I like it all. The top rounded edge of the wrench being out of focus may be a lose of detail from switching to a jpg as you mentioned or a lack of DOF. Never the less, that is what is lacking in this image for me. Here is what I came up with after a bit of tweaking.

348784.jpg

hello defectir3,

thanks for sharing your photograph. As it stands, I like the depth of field, texture and warm tinting of the photograph.

From a composition point of I would get rid of the light upper half of the photo - and make it a sillouette all around. Burn all the light spots that are not wrench. This way the subject will stand out more.

I would be my preference to add some sort of emotive element to the photograph. You have wrench there - make it tell a story. You can put an item in the tongs - a coin, flower, a tooth. Perhaps even an oily thumbprint. Any subtle addition to the photograph can make a mundane subject much more personal :)

Most reactions

Back