• Poll closed .

TwistMyArm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.darn.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We didn't have a lot of photos submitted this month, but we do have some nice ones.

We have a total of 10 photos here to vote on. The photos can be viewed here: Juxtaposition Photos

Because of the small number of submitted photos I did not excluded photos based on size, but I did exclude photos submitted without forum usernames.

The winner of this month's challenge will receive a prize courtesy of Chase and The Photo Forum.

Please keep in mind that we are trying to keep this challenge anonymous (and unbiased) when it comes to both the submitting and the voting. Please avoid sharing your opinions about any specific photos until after the voting has completed and the winner is announced.

The photos are all titled (“Photo01” through “Photo10”) in order to avoid confusion please make sure that you check the title before voting. The photos may not be sorted in the correct order so to ensure you view them in proper order scroll to the bottom of the page and where it says "Display Options" ensure you select Sorted By: "Image Name" Sort Order: "Ascending" and then click on the "Show Images" button.

After viewing the photos please take the opportunity to vote for your favorite. Good luck to all. If there are any questions please let us know.

The polls will be open for the next seven days.

i personally think that they kinda missed the point on this one, i mean none of them really leads to the idea of juxtaposing( to me that would be like for example two different elements with high contrast or such).

but they're nice, nonetheless.

eydryan said:
i personally think that they kinda missed the point on this one, i mean none of them really leads to the idea of juxtaposing( to me that would be like for example two different elements with high contrast or such).

Strait out of the Merriam-Webster dictionary...
Juxtaposition

noun
1: the act or an instance of placing two or more things side by side; also: The state of being so placed.

used in a sentence
"it is the result of the juxtaposition of contrasting colors"
It could be used with contrasting colors... but it's not the meaning of Juxtaposition.

I hope that clears up any misunderstandings about the word.

i know what juxtaposing means. and i use encarta's dictionary. but here we are talking about artistic juxtaposing, because if you take it like that it is impossible not to create a juxtaposition. except maybe by shooting the sun from space... everything is relative to another thing spacewise. however here, that connection between the two objects should be somehow pointed out, otherwise, what you ask for is any kind of photograph.

and i did not say it is a misunderstanding, did i? i expressed an opinion not a question and expect it to be treated as one.

and encarta clearly states:
</IMG>juxtapose

Definitions: put side by side: to place two or more things together, especially in order to suggest a link between them or emphasize the contrast between them

[Mid-19th century. < French juxtaposer < Latin juxta "close" + French poser (see pose1)]

so emphasis of contrast would normally be the point of the juxatposition.

oh, and you spelled "straight" as "strait"

eydryan said:

Juxtaposition can invlove.
Lines.
Colour.
Distances..

And hundreds more things, not JUST two elements...studying these pictures I feel juxtaposition has been applied to all but a few :)

Just to clarify, the word was juxtaposition.

the photographers can do anything they want too that word, perhaps having a picture that has NO juxtaposition, or has Juxtaposition written on it :p

I'm not sure, but I think that this is at least the third challenge that Littleman
has won. Nice work littleman!
96-photo04-LinedUpReadytoGo.jpg

This was the photo submitted by Littleman Lined Up Ready To Go, or Photo 04.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back