September 11th 2008

cszakolczai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I decided that on September 11th I would travel to NYC to see what it was like 7 years after the attacks... Sorry these are posted so late, I had knee surgery for the 5th time the day after and have been in a lot of pain. C&C is always appreciated as usual. Well here ya go...

Copguardingexit.jpg

Firefightersmile.jpg

Firefighterwithpicture4.jpg

crying3croppedgreenfilter.jpg

GuywithPhotoblackandwhite.jpg

Mothersonfirefighterblackandwhite.jpg

September11thmotherblackandwhite.jpg

Tattooonarmblackandwhite.jpg

writing2.jpg

Overall an amazing experience and I was able to meet a lot of families who lost loved ones... I hope I did them justice.

Like the last two very much. The last one could be cropped just a bit more from the left bottom so the black words are properly centered.

they brought tears to my eyes.

they brought tears to my eyes.

Anyone in particular? I don't want to take advantage of the picture, but I am looking to enter a picture into a competition and just wondering which others feel is that one picture that really hit home. Because to me it may be different, the crying woman really struck me hard, but then my mother felt differently, she liked the tattoo arm as the first commenter did as well.

thanks for all the comments.

thanks for the comments... keep em coming, make sure you let me know which one you liked the most please. I need more opinions about the best one.

#8 (the tattoo one) probably would be the best contender for a competition but #7 had most impact on me. Yhe downside to using that one is there's a bit of motion blur going on and personally I would find using that shot somewhat intrusive, (purely my opinion).

Really a great series, thanks for sharing.

I think these are great and I like the series very much. I must agreed that the watermarks on the images are disturbing.

I know I really hate putting the watermark on, its not my favorite, but I've seen a few people have there work stolen. So unfortunately I do it just to protect all my hardwork, seeing as how I was up at 5AM to get into the city on time. Plus I know that I am one of the only ones to have these shots. All the other photographers were on the otherside of the ceremony, but I found where all the families exited from and was able to speak with many of them and looking around, I only saw one other photographer at that location.

Thank you for all the comments, I really appreciate them and really appreciate the kind words. I'll try and tone down the watermark as well.

Nothing wrong with the watermark.. I know alot of people out there who simply just steal images. Its unfortunate. Anyways, very good pics.. i love the black and white portraits of the older people. The detail is so sharp!

I think #6 is the one out of many good shots.. you see what looks like a mom whos holding a photo of her son and in the photo you see his name. Also you see never forget on the band holding the photo.. That kinda tells more of a story.. At least to me it does.. thanks for the share..

I like the series as a whole. There are several great ones that could stand alone, but they are much stronger as a series.

Most reactions

Back