Session from today- geez am I tired!

RowmyF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys- so this was my most recent session. I ran after 5 kids (although not all are featured in what I'm posting) across a beach and the back of a hotel for about 2 hours!

LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD OL' C&C!

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0385_1.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0268_1.jpg

DSC_0169_1.jpg

I know this one is a "cliche" but always adorable!

DS_141_2.jpg

DS_141_1.jpg

#1 is cute.

There's a huge white ugly in #2. Plus the light is real flat and the parents probably won't like the expressions.

Nice light on #3, but the dress is folded up and the eyes are dark.

Timing issues on #4 - the attack of the seagull!

#5 is nice - good cropping, but I would have liked to see one with the girl further back in the sunny part of the trail.

The last one is a good idea, but the sticks don't help.

Your on a good trail, just remember to use the KISS approach and it will help alot.

Hope this helps!

If I were a parent, I'd be thrilled with all of these. Lightening the eyes in PP on some of them might help a bit, but I think you did a great job! I actually like the expressions you caught in #2. Cute moment with big sister trying to console the baby by patting her head. :) The only one I don't really like #3...it does look like she is about to get drilled by that seagull.

#5 is a great shot. My favorite. It seems you did a good job given that you were working with some of the most difficult subjects, but you have to admit, they can be the most rewarding. How you lined up with the seagull in #4 baffles me. Also, what did you do so that the kids wouldn't always be staring right at you? Just stick with them until you bored them so they looked for amusement on their own? or just use a telephoto lens and they never knew you were looking? I am not anywhere near this caliber (in my opinion) so I can't really tell you how to improve (I'd say remove the whitish box around your watermark, but that's just me) so I'll just leave it at "these are amazing pictures, you should be proud."

Hey Ajay- thanks for the FB!
DSLR - thank you!!...it was very difficult but I'm still not thrilled about the results..I feel like there is SO much I can do to improve on this shoot...too many blown out spots, too soft photos, etc... :-/

I'm going to repost once I'm done getting the collection together.

I like #5 - definitely a good shot there.

Hey...the seagull shot is pretty cool. As a mom, I would keep it just for that reason.

KISS = Keep it simple STUPID! It's sometimes the only way we can remind ourselves that over thinking something can ruin a picture.

definately touch up the cut on the girl

I LOOOOOOVE the cut. I would show the parents and ask if they want it removed. But I would 100% want it in there if she was my child. I would even like to brought out a little. What is more child like and Innocent then a bashed up knee?

Yes, there are some technical flaws in some of the portraits (the "huge white ugly" in #2). But ultimately it's about capturing the spirit of the client. Most of these accomplished that in my opinion. Oh, and cliche sells.

Nice I really like them. Probably just me as noone else has noticed, but the foot cut off in the first one, couaght my eye. (Im no pro though) I really like 2,3 and 5. Love 5 actually!

That last one is my favorite of these. I would try bringin her out more by lightening her so she stands out more. But, it has a really nice composition and her smile is cute:)

Most reactions

Back