Set 'Antithesis'

Very clever, well composed, and exposed images, but I have to admit, I don't get "it"...

brilliant! loving #2 and #3. Must have taken a lot of time and effort! Especially the picture-in-picture in #2... nice touch!

... but I have to admit, I don't get "it"...
contrast
contradiction
direct opposition
etc.

Overall, nicely done.

I feel #1 is too staged and a bit cheezy.
The picture-in-picture is a great addition on #2.
Undecided on #3, I think because the way the model on right is looking / posing at the camera.
Not fond of the harsh shadows on #4.
Shame about cutting part of her head off in #5.

All that being said, I think you have some great ideas for this theme and your shots are good.

i'm loving the location on these shots

brilliant! loving #2 and #3. Must have taken a lot of time and effort! Especially the picture-in-picture in #2... nice touch!

Thank you! It took two days to take the photos. First day at a farm, next day at a very old house.

contrast
contradiction
direct opposition
etc.

Overall, nicely done.

I feel #1 is too staged and a bit cheezy.
The picture-in-picture is a great addition on #2.
Undecided on #3, I think because the way the model on right is looking / posing at the camera.
Not fond of the harsh shadows on #4.
Shame about cutting part of her head off in #5.

All that being said, I think you have some great ideas for this theme and your shots are good.

Thanks for your feedbak! :)
The idea of #1 was that she looks confident while wearing clothes that doesn't belong on a farm. I dont know if you can see that on the photo? But maybe it's too staged indeed...
Thanks for the feedback on #3, I guess you're right about the way the right model is looking, it doesn't say anything..
You're right about the harsh shadow on #4.. This was the only cute window, so I dont know how to do (or edit) it better.. Any ideas?
Yes, you're right about #5..

Ok thank you. Is it a good name for this series you think?

Personally, I'm not sure it's quite the right name; a picture cannot really be the direct opposite of itself; I understand what you want now, and don't mean to belabour a point, but in my opinion these pictures are definitely worth finding the right name for.

Something along the lines of "Out of place" is what I would suggest, but for the life of me, I can't come up with quite the right word, and I think that it does need to be a single word. (It's 5.30am - the old synapsis aren't firing at 100% just yet - I'll keep thinking on this one).

Okay, after some thought, the title I would suggest is "Incongruity", The adjective incongrous meaning "not harmonious in character; inconsonant; lacking harmony of parts: an incongruous mixture of architectural styles."

Nice set!
Cute girls

Very very nice series. Its nice to see real thought going behind these pictures. You went for something specific and you did well.

I personally feel the first one is the best. The light is perfect, the setting is very nice, even though you know its set up, its great. I think I would lop her off at the knees in a crop though, becasue the high heels ARE a bit much. Everything else is perfect though.

2 and 3 are the other faves. You have nice style in these. 4 and 5 don't do anything for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back