Setting question

Guinness Man

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have the new Nikon D5000

In Shutter Speed priority I can adjust the shutter speed and it automatically adjusts the Aperture. :thumbup:

In Aperture priority, I can adjust the Aperture and it automatically adjusts the Shutter Speed. :thumbup:

But when I'm in Manual mode I can adjust the Shutter Speed, but only adjust the Aperture by turning the lens and zooming. :grumpy:

When I use the arrows it adjust the shutter Speed but I cant get it to allow me to move over and adjust the Aperture.

I feel like I should be able to adjust them both independent of the zoom and cant figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

and Yes, I read the manual. nothing specific enough to answer my question.

You should be able to easily figure out how to adjust the aperture by looking at the camera's manual. On the D40 you have to hold down a button on the top, not sure how to do it on the D5000 but id imagine it would be similar look for a button with +/- on it.

EDIT:

Yeah its the same its that little button off to the right that says +/-, just hold that in while you use the wheel to adjust the aperture.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d5000/D3S_6722-top.jpg

Be sure to read your manual, firstly.
Second of all, when you're in Manual and you want to adjust your aperture, there's a small button (or two) up next to your shutter button. Ignore the one with the person on it (if there is on), find the one that, I believe, has a plus and minus sign, hold that down and adjust the dial that you use to adjust the shutter speed.

No problem!

2​
Choose aperture and shutter speed.

Checking the exposure indicator (​
085), adjust shutter speed and aperture.
Shutter speed is selected by rotating the command dial: choose from values
between 30 s and
1/4,000 s or select “bulb” to hold the shutter open indefinitely
for a long time-exposure (
086). Aperture is selected by pressing the N (E)
button and rotating the command dial: choose from values between the
minimum and maximum for the lens. Shutter speed and aperture are shown in

the viewfinder and information display.

Page 84 of the D5000 manual.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back