Setting up a darkroom soon.

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so I'm beyond excited, Timor is beyond awesome, he has gathered together some darkroom equipment for me and we are picking up in a couple weeks! I have been planning to get into film this autumn for a while now, I figured it was an awesome way to stave off the boredom and cabin fever this winter and finally the time has come :)

So my question is what would you suggest I read, watch, learn, do etc... to prepare (other than shooting a roll of film lol) so I'm ready to go when I get it in my hot little hands? I need the chemicals paper etc... but beyond that?

Oh I should probably add that it's a Chromega B enlarger.

Thanks in advance!

Cool - wet darkroom work is fun (even it does make your hands smell). Chemicals, trays, easel, contact frame, tongs, paper, print washer (or big sink), thermometers, drying rack/line, timer, safelight... what lens does the enlarger have on it? You can accumulate just as much dark room gear as you can shooting gear, but fortunately, now it's dirt-cheap!

There are a lot of older books on darkroom work available. One of the better easy instruction books is part of the old Time-Life series of photo instruction books. The Time Life library of photography series of books are widely available used. The Print is a good one Life Library of Photography The Print 1970 Time Life Books Free | eBay

Lootens on Enlarging is a classic I've enjoyed for many years, but it's more advanced than the above.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm totally looking forward to stinky hands ;) lol
There are a couple things from the list I have to pick up and I can see exactly how one could get carried away with the equipment! lol
Timor said the enlarger comes with German 50 mm lens for 35mm, but is capable of 6x6.

Ah perfect, thanks Derrel.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back