Setting up my first shoot.

acparsons

Photo Hunter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Setting up my first model shoot. It will be time for photos. I have two weeks to plan it, it won't be too difficult to plan poses as it's themed. Luckily I have found a studio that is looking for feedback. Do I need a contract for shoot? I may want to use the photos for stock photography and would like to add them to my portfolio.

You don't necessarily need a contract, but you do need a document which spells out for you and the model what is allowed and not allowed in terms of use, etc. My basic TF* agreement states that the model should expect 6-8 finished digital files from a 90 minute session and that each of us can use them for portfolio/self-promotion/peer review & professional critique, but not for other/commercial use without consent by both. Since you're planning on using these as stock images, that needs to be made clear.

I would suggest you ask an attorney licensed in South Korea regarding release and publication laws that would apply to the photos.

I would suggest you ask an attorney licensed in South Korea regarding release and publication laws that would apply to the photos.

nothing like getting the lawyers involved for a free photo shoot
(hope the attorney gives free intellectual property rights advice)

Nothing like being financially ruined after being sued for stock photo use, portfolio use, or someone getting physically hurt during a free photo shoot.

Hello pros, just a quick question somewhat related .. are there release templates online that can be used in Canada where I'll be doing my shoots ?

I've managed to gather a few but not sure if I need have one created specifically for us here in Canada. I think most of the ones I found are for US professionals.

Thanks in Advance

Most reactions

Back