Setting up my new Flashpoint 360

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally got a Flashpoint 360 and I'm trying to set it up. I added my Yongnuo 622, so I can utilize high speed sync, however the YN622 makes it too tall. It's not touching, but very, very close. I'm guessing the bulb will melt the plastic. Does everything look ok? Did I do something wrong, or do I need to figure out something else?

Can I buy a cord and connect the receiver to the flash unit, so the flash doesn't have to sit on it? If so, what is it called? Sorry, I am not a technical person.:biggrin-93:

Thanks.

DSC_6812flash mount by TamiAz, on Flickr

DSC_6816flash mount by TamiAz, on Flickr

Last edited:
Both have sync ports. Pull the 622 out from underneath and attach it to the 360 via a cable.

Both have sync ports. Pull the 622 out from underneath and attach it to the 360 via a cable.

Are sync cords generic? Do I have to buy a Flashpoint cord or can I just pick any type? Thank you!

Are sync cords generic? Do I have to buy a Flashpoint cord or can I just pick any type? Thank you!
I don't think (but don't hold me to it) that HSS/TTL info is transmitted when the regular 1/8 sync cord is used.

If that's a Glow Parapop softbox, I saw another thread about this recently, although I can't recall where... You can use a Bowens speed ring on it and use a Godox S-type bracket to mount the speed light on the Bowens speed ring, and you'll have room for the wireless trigger on the hot shoe.

How hot do you think the bulb will get? If it's not continuous light it shouldn't get hot enough to melt the plastic, right? I'm tempted to try it as is. I have a senior shoot tonight and I would love to use my new toy.

Lay the light out flat (instead of having the flash head angled at 90 deg) and then just gaff tape it to the platform.

You could also go to a hardware store and buy longer rods to raise the modifier a bit higher.

Last edited:
It will NOT get all that hot. And even if it does get a bit hot, the polycarbonate can handle that level of heat...it's take a propane heater or a blowtorch to get it hoit enbough to melt.

Congrats on the Flashpoint 360! When those first came out I was really,really excited by them, and almost impulse bought one after about an hour'worth of research....I even created a New Post about the Flashpoint, which is rare for me!

Most reactions

Back