Several questions

gonber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!

Some time ago I started to interest in photography.

Now that i've already shooted everything I want to go a step further into the internet stockist.

Only a problem: they always reject my photos! "Soft or lacking definition"

My camera is a Nikon D70. Is it a bad camera?

What I do is:
- Take photos in raw mode
- Resize it to say 60cm (width)
- Compress in jpeg lowest compression mode
- Send it to quality control

What am I doing wrong?

I do not use a high iso and i think the exposure is great!

Ok, I think the problem is this:

photoforum.JPG

But what am I doing wrong when I shoot the photo? My photos don't have a good definition! Why?

Thanks for your help,
Gonber

posting error...sorry!

What lens do you have? Lenses are not created equal, a better lens will give you higher quality images.

Most digital images need sharpening, do you add sharpening?

Sharpening what? :(

Nikon lens!

which Nikon lens?
How do you sharpen your images?
All images need to be sharpened. This is a function of digital images

i don't know what did you mean with sharpening...can you explain it to me? I don't know what it is!

nikon nikkor 70~300mm f/4~f/5.6G

Please go to this website: http://www.alamy.com/stock-photography-guide.asp#guidelines

Click "21. Soft or lacking definition"

Mouseover the image and see the 100% view.

This is what happens to me! Why?

I normally take raw photos and when i zoom it to 100% with Nikon capture 4 editor I see very poor definition photos...Can you explain it to me? (We are talking about all images in all exposure conditions!)

Thanks,
Gonber

post an image you sent for review.

your asking people to help you without visual information. meaning your image.

what do you mean about 100% zoom?

Please go to this website: http://www.alamy.com/stock-photography-guide.asp#guidelines

Click "21. Soft or lacking definition"

Mouseover the image and see the 100% view.

This is what happens to me! Why?

I normally take raw photos and when i zoom it to 100% with Nikon capture 4 editor I see very poor definition photos...Can you explain it to me? (We are talking about all images in all exposure conditions!)

Thanks,
Gonber

All images will look crude at 100%
I suggest you do the following so we can see a full-size image.
Go to www.yousendit.com (this is a site that allows one to send a large file to another person FOR FREE).

Send yourself one of your full-size, original files.
The site will send you a link to the downloadable file.
Then post that link here and we can download the original full-size file and look at it to see what, if anything, is wrong.

It must be a very difficult problem to solve! =(

Sorry, I did look at your picture but lost track of what thread it was from. (I delete all my notification emails, thanks for posting again.)

I don't know if this is a typical picture that you submitted or not but there are several things going on. The objects of interest start relatively close to the camera, the shrubs, and go essentially to the horizon. A test for any lens but more usually done with a much wider focal length to get a greater DOF.

According to the jpeg it was taken in the afternoon, when the sun was high - close to the worst time of the day for pictures. The day seems hazy but bright (f11 at 500).
This is a terrible situation in which to try and get sharp images. Too much haze in the air, lots of UV, sun overhead.

Please post a more standard picture, buildings, people, sharper angles, edges taken earlier or later in the day.

Hi...

In future I have to considerate the time of the day.

I have to use the "A" mode instead of "P" to get a greater DOF too.

But do you think that all this factors contribute to the grain of the image?

I'll post more photos soon.

Thanks for your help,
Gonber

Most reactions

New Topics

Back