severe weather photography

Speed and exposure-wise, yes, but construction, no.
At least look into a camera that's sealed. So if it's Nikon, it's the D300 and up. Canon, the 7D or 1D. At least look into something that can physically take the elements.

It's the 5D mkII which is weather sealed (Not as well as the 1D I have heard). 7D isn't.
If you plug a L lens on it, you should be able to shoot in harsh conditions.

I'd love to hear from Canon users about that though (I'd hate to waste my perfectly working mkII + 70-200 IS for nothing) :lol:

jeez, i would have thought that the shutter button would have been sealed for sure..... thats quite dissapointing, but i'm still thinking of getting one....

ya me to. I definitely wouldn't let that stop me from purchasing it though. It seems like a great camera.
tj

i would be mainly using it for surf photography.... i figured that the 7d has the cropped sensor so i wont have to spend thousands on a 600mm lens if i was to get a 1d/5d, was hoping i could make do with 1 of the 400mm L series lenses....???

ya if you have a 400 then i think canon is a 1.6 crop you will have a 640mm so you can back up a little more than those silly 1ds mk 3 guys :lol: but ya that would be a pretty nice setup. Just be careful because that salt water has the power to destroy everything in its path. Try to stay back your fair share of distance if you can and don't let ocean spray on it. GL
tj

If Pentax could boast more than 1.2% of the market share........

....To which you'll say, but it's not as good as a D300. Of course it's not, it's a consumer level camera, and a sealed kit lens. But the OP isn't looking for a D300, or they would just one, since it's sealed. The OP is looking in the d5000 range. Everyone else is saying that if you want a fully sealed package, your options start above $2500, and I'm saying, no they don't. You can get a fully sealed kit from Pentax from $800 for a K200d and 18-55 sealed kit lens, to $2000 for a K-7 and 16-50mm F/2.8 pro-build sealed combo.

I'll quote myself a second time here...."If Pentax could boast more than 1.2% of the market share........

Nothing about a D300, nothing disparaging Pentax quality or technical performance.

Excellent job leaving out the most important part of my post. I'll paraphrase myself, what in the world does market share have to do with anything in regards to this post? We all, of course, know that market share means best. Kraft has the biggest market share in Macaroni and Cheese, but I sure don't want their crap food in my mouth.

Thank you. Fortunately, I was under my deck when shooting this, so I didn't need any kind of bag or anything over my camera.

The lightning was crazy that night. I had one that must've been 200-300 feet away from me. Needless to say, I went inside after that one struck.

To change your pants????

Thank you. Fortunately, I was under my deck when shooting this, so I didn't need any kind of bag or anything over my camera.

The lightning was crazy that night. I had one that must've been 200-300 feet away from me. Needless to say, I went inside after that one struck.

To change your pants????

Hahahaha. Well played. :lol:

Most reactions

Back