Sexy One - High Key

Photoboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.clmcreative.com
This is my first attempt at any type of "high key" photo. I think it turned out nice, but feedback and constructive criticism is highly welcomed and regarded. ;)

sessyone.jpg

P.S. - The model is my wife who, unfortunately, just cut her hair to just above shoulder-length. She donates it every 5 years to the "Locks of Love" foundation which creates real-hair wigs for cancer and alopecia patients. Still...I did love her long hair. :D

Such a shame she cut her hair. It looks great in that photo. What she does with it is nice though.
As a photo, I relaly like it. Very good exposure and excellent use of soft focus. There's a sensual feel to it. What does you wife think of it?

It is the second time I hear someone mention the "Locks of Love" foundation. The other person is who regularly donates her own hair. What a nice idea.

The photo is very appealing. I think you did everything right in this one to achieve the soft and high key aspect.

Awesome photo.

Donating is great. I have yet to find a good place for mine to go. However, I heard nothing but bad things about locks of love. *shrugs* I would rather send it to places that don't get a lot of donations.

She donates every five years, but researched heavily before she started. Interesting that you've heard bad things about them...they've been pretty good so far.

Anyway, I had others mention that the framing was less than cool, so I switched to a B&W and reframed the image, also showing a little more of her fingers as they fade into the high keyness of the white. :eek:)

sessyprint.jpg

I really like this version better and I feel it will be the one I print. :eek:)

Thoughts on it?

the bw one has a more eerie feel to it i think. i like the color one better actually. I wish the fingers werent cut off though. very nice and detailed!

The only thing I really don't like about the b/w one, is there is a lot less detail in the hair. I really liked that about the first.

i like them both...great job....
if i were her, i would have this sucker printed in both, and have them done huge in my house....i would be exceptionally proud of them.....
tell her thank-you for the donation...she will make some girl/woman very happy ... people never cease to surprise me...amazing how many people are out there doing good, and you may never hear of it...maybe you should entitle it.."good samaritan"

Most reactions

Back