SF Street

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by oriecat, Oct 2, 2004.

1. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

I don't have a print of this one that I am happy with yet, but I thought I would throw it out here to see what you folks thought, before I invest any more time in it, since I am new to street photography and I don't think I am good at judging it.

This was with my Holga, and either Arista 400 or Ilford HP5+ film.

[​IMG]

Please excuse the dust spots from the scanner. :( I did it real quick since it's not a finished print...

2. Je-C

Je-C TPF Noob!

Where in Portland is that? I'm from Salem normally. As for the photo, I don't like the person's head in the way of a potentially good shot. Just my opinion

3. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

It's San Francisco. And thanks for your thought.

4. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Its got the makings of a great holga-esque shot. Being as the print is unfinished, I personally dismiss all the dark andlight areas, but it looks like a great photojournalist typepiece in the making!

5. jadin

jadin The Mad Hatter

There's no focus point. You have the back of her head, the bottom of a sign, part of a street. But nothing in full. That's my complaint with it. To me I'd say move on, don't waste your time trying to salvage a shot that didn't make the cut.

6. crystalview

crystalview TPF Noob!

I like it...I definitely do. I like the perspective where you look at the blonde woman and move your way down the street. I would say the focal point is the first woman, then you just look around and check things out. I love San Fran!

Good work with the Holga...

7. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like it, too. My only complaint is the girl's head taking up too much of the image. Otherwise it's a great angle, and I love the building in full sun in the background (though I understand why you'd want to tinker with it, needs some more burning in). But its brightness against your darker foreground is so on-target with the feel of big city streets. You did well. Nice Holga action! :D