SFX- Thin, flat, overexposed negs.

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm confused. I've shot a fair bit of SFX at EI200 with a 25. Never had any problems...been developing in HC-110 dil b. Contrasty but decently beefy negs. Last week I shot a roll in bright sunlight at the beach. Developed in TMAX @ 65 degrees. They're thin and flat. Diagnosis?

without seeing them but going by only your description my first thought is underexposed, under developed

no shadow detail = underexposed.
lack of contrast = development time needs to be corrected

different developers will give a whole range of different results, that is why it is a good thing to test for specific combinations to ensure predicateable outcomes.

I figure it MUST be the developer...or perhaps lack of IR light that day? In HC-110 in bright sunlight they always had plenty of shadow detail at the same shooting settings.

Haven't been developing my own stuff lately. In place I've been keeping tabs on how the local pro-labs process and selecting then based on developer & temp. I've generally gotten contrastier results from the lab running TMAX @ 65, and I wanted it out of the SFX roll so I figured I'd give it a try.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back