Shack @ Sunrise HDR

Dionysus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shack_Sunrise__HDR__by_sideways_8.jpg
http://fc45.deviantart.com/fs40/i/2009/004/3/3/Shack_Sunrise__HDR__by_sideways_8.jpg

I really like the colors. The roof of the barn looks odd to me for some reason though...

Nicely processed. Not too much. What did the original image look like though?

I agree it would be interesting to see one of the original images, I almost can't stand HDR now because it can turn almost any image from any nutter into something amazing, but this looks nice and subtle and hasn't got that 'processed' un-natural look.

i dont have the original "just right" photo, but there were lots of things wrong with it that made hdr the best option. there were huge areas of underexposure and the sky was in a state of overexposure in a lot of places...it was early sunrise, so there was not that much ambient light yet.

I'm not the type to use hdr for no reason, or as the "fad". I use it in those situations where the resulting "normal" pics have huge areas of harsh shadows/highlights....to mainly, bring out the whole dynamic range of a subject..which it was initially intended for.

I'm glad so many like this. I went for as soft and unprocessed look as possible. I am not a fan of overly "HDR" looking photos (as, honestly most of my earlier hdr pics were)...I really wanted to bring out the softness/warmness of the light, and just to eliminate the harsh shadows. glad to see that i seemed to have accomplished that.

Nice image, as stated earlier, not overdone. Very well done.

Mac,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back