Shadowed eyes?

I personally think the shadowing under her eyes is the least of your problems. Why do you even want to fix it, do you want to offer this shot to them? No way would I have them order this print, it'll look horrible no matter what you try to fix it.

This is what I could do to reduce JUST the shadowing, but IMHO there's nothing you can do to fix this shot other than turning it into black and white and adding even more noise to make it artsy/grainy looking.

All previous attempts here to fix the noise look horrible I think.

I'd dump this one, serious.

I used Kubota Digital Fill Flash and Kubota Skin Powder Genie under her eyes, nose and lower lip and I dodged the white in her eyes some.

IMG_3127.jpg

I'm asking how to fix it so I know how to fix it, not to save this photo in particular. This photo just made me realize it. I'm trying to get better at photoshop work, so when I see things I may be able to fix with PS, I like to try. I have better shots later on that don't have the noise (I remembered to change my ISO a few shots in)

Thanks for your honesty, but I wasn't the professional photographer at the wedding, I just took some photos to see how I'd do. There are no prints being ordered.

I'm asking how to fix it so I know how to fix it, not to save this photo in particular. This photo just made me realize it. I'm trying to get better at photoshop work, so when I see things I may be able to fix with PS, I like to try. I have better shots later on that don't have the noise (I remembered to change my ISO a few shots in)

Thanks for your honesty, but I wasn't the professional photographer at the wedding, I just took some photos to see how I'd do. There are no prints being ordered.

Aaaaaah, ok ignore me then. I honestly thought you wanted to fix it and have them buy it, my bad. :lol:

I LOVE my Kubota image tools, I couldn't live without them btw. Definitely worth the money.

Naw, I'm a friend of the bride & groom and wanted some photos for facebook :p (Unfortunately, I didn't get any incriminating ones) But looking through them, I noticed i had a lot of shadowed eyes, and I wanted to know how to fix it, for future reference. I tried multiple things but nothing gets the colour out clearly, without looking completely fake.

I know I need to work on not having the problem, but I couldn't use my flash as the pro photographers were working and I didn't want to interupt them.

You guys aren't getting anywhere with the noise removal/blur.

I don't need noise removal, or blur.. I only wanted tips on the eye problem :p

I've not tried your last tip yet Alpha, I will be attempting it next time I get in an editting mood.

I loved experimenting with the Liquify Tool. This image was a fun challenge, I used a ton of Kubota Actions and a bit basic function.

Actions used:

"Dark line eraser" AV3...Used on the eyes and on the teeth. I played this twice and brought the opacity down on the teeth layer.
"Digital fill Flash" AV2...Used everywhere, heavy on eyes.
"Smokeless Burn" AV2...Used to shade below the chin, around the edges, and on the iris.
"Mocha BW" AV2...When in doubt make it a pretty B&W.
"Powder Soft CS2" AV3...I brought back some detail on eyes and tiara.

I used some Liquify Tool to the hair bump, some healing brush on the eyes, and some cropping a the whole.

forumimage.jpg

Amber
Kubota Image Tools team

Here's one way I've found works pretty well to fix shadowy eyes:

(this is with Photoshop)

1. Create a new layer and set its blending mode to "soft light"
2. Use the brush tool set to white.
3. Paint over the shadowy areas with it. It's alright to overdo it a little bit, after you paint on it, you can always adjust the opacity of the level.

I'll post an example of how it looks if i have a chance to get to it.

I have to say I love what Amber did but I'm biased since I am a huge fan of all things Kubota anyways. :lol:

I joined in too

i dulplicated the layer ( always do that so theres always an original still)
took the dodge tool set to 24% and lightned some of the darkness.
then used the sponge tool and saturated the skin where i dodged.

it looked a lil odd.. so i reduced the opacity of the layer to about 75%, so it would show a bit of the shadows still underneath on the original layer.
and merged em.
i then ran the helicon filter plugin, ran a noise filter over it, bumped the colour saturation just a tad

then i duplicated the layer
did a levels adjsutment to make the eyes a bit more blue. only focsuing ont he eyes
added a mask
got rid of all but the pupils.
reduced the opacity of that layer as they were too blue for my taste.
merged em
dodged the whites of the eyes a little bit

saved

eyes.jpg

Definitely one of the better attempts on this one - nice job Osirus.
What's that Helicon Filter you speak of? :D Gotta go google.

Parago = Filter + Action Addict

When your shooting mid-day eye shadows under eyes happens a lot. A few thing to do,
1: Use your flash for a little fill.
2: Move the subject out of the sun under a tree, ect ect ( if possible)
3: Wait for a cloud to hide the sun again if possible.
4: Shoot earlier or later in the day again LOL.. if possible
5: if it's just a head shot like your is, Have the subject hold a reflector under his/her face about chest high.

:blushing::blushing: Sorry, just saw that this thread was in the Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery A place to show off your post processing skills, with explanations on how you achieved the results, including specialty images such as HDR. Share information and techniques using Adobe's Photoshop and other popular graphics software.

LOL Oh well maybe my post will help prevent needing photoshop :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back