shadows in portraits ...

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Dew, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

how do you feel about shadows in portriats?

me personally, i'm not crazy about shadows in the portraits (unless its planned or set by mood lighting) i take and do almost everything in my power to rid them ... my hubby says sometimes its a neccesary evil and even looks nice if its soft ...

how do u feel about shadows of the subject being in the photographs u take? (other than intentional shadows created by dim light) ... is it a neccesary evil? ... or a nuisance?

2. metroshane

metroshane TPF Noob!

hard for me to say as I like really hard noir shadows. Shadows can be of such varying degree..I'd try to get rid of all but the accentuating ones for regular portraits.

3. fotoadam

fotoadam TPF Noob!

I for one do like shadows in portraits. Well, I dont know if the pictures I take are portraits just more or less outdoor shots with a lovely subject. I love to see shadow partially on a face. Looks better. Dew, do you have an example??

Adam

4. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

im not crazy about this photo (and dont use it) .. but its about the only one that i could find quickly that hasnt been touched-up (i remove most shadows) :?

[​IMG]