Shakespears Globe

&Denekamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm putting this one up for critique, because I'm not really sure of this one.
We had a tour through Globe theatre with the class, and afterwards we could walk around freely. All of my classmates were taken pictures of the stage and stuff. And I wanted to do something a little different. So I walked around a bit, and found this. I kinda like it.. but.. I dont know.. maybe the blur is to much?..

So thats why I would like to hear some of your oppinoins. Please tell me what you think about the DOF, composition (is it to much split in half? Is there to much difference between left and night? etc.), and any other comment or critique you have.

50mm @ f1.7
exposure somewhere around 1/60, 1/125 of a sec.

ShakespearsGlobe.jpg

Thank you in advance

Niels

What are you trying to express with this image? Did you want to show the theater? If so, the viewer needs to see more of it than is shown here.

I like the DOF because you can still make out the seats, but yes - for me, too much of the image is given over to a blank pole.

Thank you both for your reply.

Chris, you'r okay to edit. so if you have a specific crop in mind, please show me.

Terri, I was trying to show not an overview of the theatre, but instead - to me - nice, appealing detail.

Whilst looking around, I came to appreciate those big pillars holding up the first and second floor of seats the most. They were nice vitage looking with little cracs and so , and beautifull of colour. Bay G was choosen for no other reason than that it was closest to where I was standing realy..

i don;t like the writing, it;s too... artificial-like... i first thought it was a rude watermark.

and the blur is a bit much/

you know what you could do? you could try a widescreen aspect, a 16:9 crop. try it, you'll be amazed, especially if you keep black borders:D

I thought it needed more left hand side! I really like the idea of the detail, but a more accute angle, showing more of the theatre, even though it is out of focus, may have been interesting.

Maybe an opposite number too, with the 'Bay G' out of focus and the theatre sharp... but that would all only be if you were going back, which you aren't.

As I said, I like the idea, you've just not quite hit it.

I couldn't get a crop to work from the left hand side. No matter what I tried it was the writing that threw it all off!

To focus on the theatre itself I agree that it will need a re-shoot.

No chance of a reshoot indeed. to bad..

Thanks all for the critique and sugestions. Guess there just isn't much that can be done for this one.

Yeah, I also thought it was one giant watermark! Without having read it was a theater, I really would have no idea what I am supposed to see.

You mention that it is a big pillar holding up the balcony seating, if the image could possibly show that, it sounds interesting to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back