Shanghai (warning 49 images -56k killer)

Hobbes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After posting the pictures of Stockholm its only logical for me to post some of the photos I took when I was visiting Shanghai a few years ago. That city is amazing and full of contrasts and diversity. You can find everything from modern western style buildings and merchandise to old traditional Chinese stuff and not to mention the food :D The bad part is the very polluted air as you can probably see in some of my pictures the smog is a huge problem there and of course all the dust coming from all the construction sites. Well I'll just let you guys judge.

HPdigitalcamera910.jpg

HPdigitalcamera896.jpg

HPdigitalcamera892.jpg

HPdigitalcamera917.jpg

HPdigitalcamera889.jpg

HPdigitalcamera888.jpg

HPdigitalcamera885.jpg

HPdigitalcamera882.jpg

HPdigitalcamera880.jpg

HPdigitalcamera870.jpg

HPdigitalcamera865.jpg

HPdigitalcamera863.jpg

HPdigitalcamera861.jpg

HPdigitalcamera859.jpg

HPdigitalcamera857.jpg

HPdigitalcamera855.jpg

HPdigitalcamera845.jpg

HPdigitalcamera837.jpg

HPdigitalcamera831.jpg

HPdigitalcamera830.jpg

HPdigitalcamera828.jpg

HPdigitalcamera824.jpg

HPdigitalcamera821.jpg

HPdigitalcamera819.jpg

HPdigitalcamera817.jpg

26. Wingus and Dingus :mrgreen:
HPdigitalcamera812.jpg

27. Grilled ducks
HPdigitalcamera811.jpg

HPdigitalcamera810.jpg

HPdigitalcamera798.jpg

HPdigitalcamera797.jpg

HPdigitalcamera792.jpg

HPdigitalcamera782.jpg

HPdigitalcamera780.jpg

HPdigitalcamera772.jpg

HPdigitalcamera768.jpg

HPdigitalcamera764.jpg

HPdigitalcamera762.jpg

HPdigitalcamera736.jpg

HPdigitalcamera728.jpg

HPdigitalcamera726.jpg

HPdigitalcamera921.jpg

HPdigitalcamera723.jpg

HPdigitalcamera714.jpg

44. You can probably buy anything on the streets... but don't ask me what this pervert is trying to sell.
HPdigitalcamera926.jpg

HPdigitalcamera961.jpg

HPdigitalcamera960.jpg

HPdigitalcamera948.jpg

HPdigitalcamera973.jpg

HPdigitalcamera974.jpg

If any of you hasn't seen my pictures of Stockholm Sweden just check out this thread:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115501

I am planning on visiting more fascinating cities around the world in the future. The cities on my current want-to-visit list are probably Calgary, Vancouver and maybe in the distant future New York.

looks a stunning place but dont people just spoil the views!! - push em out of the way!

plus too many pics - my connection is too slow - had to give in at 15.

andrew

A fascinating glimpse into daily life there...everything from the architecture to the crowds to the shopping areas and back alleys (with fish drying overhead, as well as laundry!)

(But it's true, 64 pics in one thread is way too many.)

came back after they had downloaded and nice variety of pics - feel ive been there now!

what camera did you use as you said you didnt have a decent camera?

your pics look supersharp - hows that? - mine generally look a bit flat compared

please advise me ;)

andrew

hehe I have deleted some pictures after all the complaints so now there's "only" 49 of them.
I was both fascinated and shocked by the way people live there and the difference between the poor and the rich and the modern and the old and traditional.
:D It would be hard to find any streets or alleys where there aren't any people around since it's the biggest city in China, at least that's what I've been told not to mention the country itself is the most populated nation on our planet.

I am using an old HP Photosmart 945. I guess its pretty alright taking pictures where lighting condition is good...

interesting place thanks for sharing. Iv put a warning in your title for people with slower connections, i future i would suggest showing a handful at a time ;)

haha :lol: thanks for putting a warning in the title. I never thought that there are still people using 56k connection nowadays. Well I have to agree that I shouldn't have put all the pictures in one single thread. :blushing:

You do show the extremes ... dunno if I'd like to live there.

Gary

I know I wouldn't want to live there because of the polluted air and it seems quite hectic and almost chaotic there probably because of the huge population but it is a cool city to visit though just like Stockholm :wink:

Most reactions

Back