Sharing a few fun shots...

FattyMcJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While on vacation in South Dakota, I visited Reptile Gardens and Bear Country USA. This is a sampling of some of the over 400 shots I got on the trip...

All taken with a Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Macro lens. Prime lenses FTW!

1)
4694691279_fd53a30657_b.jpg

2)
4694691321_6a22000c43_b.jpg

3)
4694691395_4a74f86394_b.jpg

4)
4695325870_5738abb31f_b.jpg

5)
4695325922_5649e736f3_b.jpg

6)
4695325622_931c652db3_b.jpg

7)
4695325552_d6599d32c7_b.jpg

Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoyed these as much as I did capturing them! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Love the 1st one, all shots are good. Great Work :thumbup:

They're all pretty nice. I really like 1 and 2, and 6 is pretty neat too.

I think some noise reduction on #4, especially above the snake will help it out. On #5 you could use some more contrast and maybe a bit less brightness.

3's a cool shot too, I like the almost all brown palette.

Good stuff. :cheers:

Love the 1st one, all shots are good. Great Work :thumbup:

Thank you! :D

They're all pretty nice. I really like 1 and 2, and 6 is pretty neat too.

I think some noise reduction on #4, especially above the snake will help it out. On #5 you could use some more contrast and maybe a bit less brightness.

3's a cool shot too, I like the almost all brown palette.

Good stuff. :cheers:
Indeed, #4 would benefit from some NR, but for ISO 3200 SOOC RAW with only a crop for PP, it's not too bad IMO lol

Holy. ****ing ****

Wow

That is all.

:scratch: Is that good or bad? lol

Thanks for looking & commenting guys! :thumbup:

Very nice, love the detail in #1.

Last one with the waterfall would benefit from a slightly longer shutter speed, or a faster speed. It is kind of in the 'bleh' zone for moving water where it is just blurred enough to make it seem kind of out of focus without the silky smoothness you get from a longer exposure. I like the composition though.

I like them all but i agree that #5 needs some contrast...the poor bear has no color.

Very nice, love the detail in #1.

Last one with the waterfall would benefit from a slightly longer shutter speed, or a faster speed. It is kind of in the 'bleh' zone for moving water where it is just blurred enough to make it seem kind of out of focus without the silky smoothness you get from a longer exposure. I like the composition though.

Thanks for the comments! I wish I could have gotten a more "silky" look to the water. Heck, I wish I could re-shoot the waterfall, it's killer looking IMO! But, I didn't have a tripod with me at the park and (if I recall correctly) this was shot at about 1/60th ... much slower and I couldn't have gotten the rocks/foliage as sharp as it is, due to my shakey hands. :(

I like them all but i agree that #5 needs some contrast...the poor bear has no color.

Bah, yeah, see...this is what happens when you try to fix a botched "once-in-a-long time" photo. It was literally shot out of the window of the car, with the bear 6 feet from me, no fences, no protection...and I snapped the pic just as he looked at me and began to move. I rolled up that window and drove faster than I could think about exposure lol

Absolutely gorgeous shots! That lens is kick ass!!! :) I don't much care for the bear shot. But, something just seems..eh about it to me. Everything else, the composition is amazing! Awesome Job!!! :) Looks like a blast.

Last edited:
Fantastic series! Glad I stopped in and got to see these. I agree with the others, a bit more contrast on that bear.

Good work! :thumbup:

Love the DoF on the snake, and it's composition.

Nice sharp, clear images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back