Photos NOT OK to edit
A few recent IR images...Please enjoy.

Together Forever
IMG_6084.jpg

Imminent
IMG_4380.jpg

Meander
IMG_3302.jpg

Very nice. One of these days I'm going to find an old Canon body and have it converted.

Great pics! The 2nd one is my favorite.:thumbup:

The first reminds me of the end of Wuthering Heights. Very nice infrareds. I've been meaning to try infrared film, and this makes me even more curious.

Thankyou all very much for your comments.
As with most other photogs, I try to shoot almost all of my images during those happy hours during the early morning and evening. I have found that because of the light requirements necessary for Ir, it has given me the opportunity to capture images during the bright parts of the day, when normally the camera would sit idle.
These images were all captured using a Hoya R72 filter on my Rebel XTi.
Kimberly 81, here is a link to what I consider a wonderful tutorial about Infrared.
http://www.cocam.co.uk/CoCamWS/Infrared/INFRARED.HTM
Thankyou again folks.

These images were all captured using a Hoya R72 filter on my Rebel XTi.

Is your XTi stock or did you have it converted? What exposure times did you use?

Stunning images. I really love the last two. I think I'll be adding the Hoya R72 to my basket when I order a tripod here soon.

Oh...and was this with the R72 on the 18-55 kit lens?

icassell, the Rebel XTi is stock, not Ir dedicated.

Thankyou NateS, the 1st and 3rd image were with the kit lense and the 2nd was with my 75-300mm.

Very nice shots.

I'm probably being dense here, but I assume these were done with film, not digitally. The reference to the xti makes me wonder, though, as I didn't think there was a film version. I'd be delighted to hear that this can be done digitally but I didn't think it could be.

doing IR with digital is really much easier (imho), you need a tripod and the proper filters and practice, just like any other technique.

IR film is very tricky and can be a pain, but digital is very slick and easy, altho, it does have a slightly different look.

the files have to be converted to black and white which this gentleman has done very nicely.

doing IR with digital is really much easier (imho), you need a tripod and the proper filters and practice, just like any other technique.

IR film is very tricky and can be a pain, but digital is very slick and easy, altho, it does have a slightly different look.

the files have to be converted to black and white which this gentleman has done very nicely.
Exactly, especially the gentleman part :lol:
Yes, these are digital.

Most reactions

Back