Sharing my filters

manta1900

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, I have made some filters for personal use and I constantly try to make them better. My top of the line filter "Auto-White-Balance" is an automatic way of correcting colors on a photo. Not only this one but all of my filters don't follow the conventional methods. Please tell me your opinion. You will find the filters and an e-mail into my site: http://aphtophoto.50webs.com. I hope you will find them useful (as I did) and give me some feedback to make them better. To install it you just copy it into filters subdirectory (e.g. c:\program files\adobe\photoshop cs2\plug-ins\filters\) and you restart PhotoShop. You will find the filter in the menu (Filter->AphtoPhoto).

Do you have one called "Make Not Suck"? I have a need. :D

I would prefer a "Make Suck" filter ;)

Disappointed, I was expecting real filters made from glass and all, not photoshop methods. Not saying the methods are bad, just did not try them.

Ha ha... dirty old man! :p

I would prefer a "Make Suck" filter ;)

Disappointed, I was expecting real filters made from glass and all, not photoshop methods. Not saying the methods are bad, just did not try them.

Dear Alex_b these are real filters made with filtermeister. The interface might not be glass-like but I thought that interface is not the point. Especially for Auto-White-Balance filter I would appreciate if you share with us your before and after results.

Sorry, I was not trying to offend you, also I pushed this thread in the wrong direction by being so silly ;).

It is just that I do not do much photoshop post-processing besides crop, bit contrast and sharpen. WB and all that are done in the RAW converter in my workflow.

Some photoshop experts from the forum should play with your filters and give more solid comments than I would be able to.

Sorry, I was not trying to offend you, also I pushed this thread in the wrong direction by being so silly ;).

It is just that I do not do much photoshop post-processing besides crop, bit contrast and sharpen. WB and all that are done in the RAW converter in my workflow.

Some photoshop experts from the forum should play with your filters and give more solid comments than I would be able to.

No offense taken Alex_B. These filters might seem simple but they are not. Auto-White-Balance filter took me 4-5 years to complete. The research I made on color theory and all the conventional methods is huge. I finally found another method and I need your help to make it better. Sorry if it seems that I get offended, I NEED negative criticism (as long as someone shares the results to help me make things better).

Truly sorry if these filters are not for you (since you have your own RAW workflow) and that I wasted your time.

Would it be possible to port these for lightroom?

Would it be possible to port these for lightroom?

If LightRoom supports ".8bf" filters (I think it does) then you can use it there too. It's for all applications that support ".8bf" (Paint Shop Pro, InfranView.... e.t.c).

I downloaded the filter and placed it in my CS3 filter file but after multiple restarts of photoshop it still doesn't show up in the program.

This is on a Mac, fyi.

<snickers quietly in the background and lets Alex take all the blame>

<snicker - snicker>

:D

I have some photos from when I was an extreme beginner of a NHL hockey game that the WB and exposure was hugely off. I tried it at work on one of those photos that has already been mildly fixed that I had on Photobucket. The WB filter seemed to work fairly well, but it came out a little bit on the cool side I was thinking.

I have to take the dog out to run off some energy and then get the kids to bed and grab something to eat then forget about this thread for a while until I realize and remember that I was going to have a play with the filter on my original files from the hockey game so that at that time I will play around a bit with my original hockey game shots. :D

Most reactions

Back