Sharing my shallow spider picture - C&C if you wish...

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Olympus E300, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Olympus E300

Olympus E300 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    In an effort to humorously traumatize my girlfriend (who is deathly affraid of spiders), I shot this photo a couple of days ago. It is now my desktop background. This little bugger woke me up when he tried to crawl into my ear. Not a pleasant way to be dragged out of slumber let me tell you. Anyway, I realize that its a basic photo with nothing of true interest - just a subject. But I thought that I would share it since I like the shallow depth of field. A much talked about topic here at TPF.

Cheers!
    - Daniel

[​IMG]

2. DanFinePhotography

DanFinePhotography TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    personally, i am biased towards spider photography LOL. I like this one, however would have like to see the legs a little more in focus. I have a couple new pics of my "pet spider" i am going to be posting a little later on that turned out fairly nice :mrgreen:

3. Olympus E300

Olympus E300 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Thanks for the input. The background and the foregound being blurry was intentional. I understand what you're saying though. Much of the subject's detail is lost and therefore reduces the overall impact of the photograph.

This fella was only about 1.5" in diameter. I was attempting to get the eyes as sharp as I could and let everything else around the head get soft. The light reflecting in the one eye is a little distracting I feel. Yet at the same time, I don't dislike the reflection. To finish it off, I added some vignetting in photoshop.

Cheers!
    - Daniel