sharp pictures

kelly5577

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I have notice that when I am editing picture in lightroom, they always seem to be fuzzy when i do the 1:1 section to enlarge an area.

I have a rebel - and the focus dot is a little red box. so If I put that box on my daughter's eye and take the picture,,,I would think that at least that eye would be so sharp. But when I am enlarging it it is very fuzzy. What am I doing wrong? That IS the focus dot correct?lol I usually shoot at a 4.0 so it is not wide open and I am missing the focus,,,,it is usually outside so my iso is only at 100 usually.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get a great picture? I have a 50mm, 24mm, 70-20mm so my lenses are decent.

ANy advice?

Show us the photo along with exif details for the photo.

Joe

More than likely you are not stopping the lens down enough. Hard to say without example with exif data

Which rebel do you have? Which auto focus mode do you use?
Canon has made/makes many different models of EOS Rebel DSLRs.
Is the focus point you use a cross-type focus point? Is there enough contrast in your daughters eye socket that the AF system can do it's job?

The aggressiveness of the AA filter in front of the image sensors may be the issue, or it can be as simple as you having a low quality 'protection' filter on your lens that is reducing focus sharpness.

Agreed that an example and exif data would help. One more thought in addition to the above would be that using f/4.0 and and ISO 100, what is the shutter speed? could there be some camera shake?

Thanks for the replies!
Here is an example

I just ran outside to take this to show what I mean...
canon rebel t6i
this is a 70-200 lens - my most expensive!

ISO 400
70MM
f4.0
1/80sec

Attachments

• IMG_7421.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 359
Which rebel do you have? Which auto focus mode do you use?
Canon has made/makes many different models of EOS Rebel DSLRs.
Is the focus point you use a cross-type focus point? Is there enough contrast in your daughters eye socket that the AF system can do it's job?

The aggressiveness of the AA filter in front of the image sensors may be the issue, or it can be as simple as you having a low quality 'protection' filter on your lens that is reducing focus sharpness.

I dont have a filter in front of my lens --- should I???
I am not sure what auto focus I use --- It had red squares and I toggle the point to the eye and then there is one square that focuses on the eye - if that makes ANY sense

Hmm, looks like camera shake ... notice the reflection of light is a line. Increase your shutter speed.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 5.49.10 PM.png

This one was:

canon t6i
iso 800
50mm
f 1.8
1/320

I was trying to see if I could use the 1.8 and be in focus. which is obviously again a fail.

Attachments

• IMG_5474.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 343
Hmm, this one was probably due to the wide aperture ... smaller depth of field.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 5.53.15 PM.png

Last one

50mm
800 iso
1/500 sec

Attachments

• IMG_5530.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 149

Most reactions

Back