Shawshank Redemption...

i Like the one showing all the teirs it reminds me of the movie. The one with the lights creating an X is great. nuff said.

great great great photos!!

have you tried your first photo with a sepia "type" of filter?

Billhyco, yup, it's in my Flickr stream link in my sig. I like the color one better, I think the desaturation adds to the mood much more than going monochromatic.

Thanks for all the comps...here's some more.

3763634121_46b23c4e44_o.jpg

3767789516_3a4130df19_o.jpg

3766990993_ecd80e2eb8_o.jpg

3767792920_4be1a59ac6_o.jpg

Some shots had difficult crop decisions to make. The above was cropped at the stairs because the new concrete sidewalk ruined the feel. If you go back to my "X" images, I cropped low because they put steel doors and new drywall up. Kinda ruins the atmosphere if you aske me.

3767792834_313135123a_o.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

The second 'X' shot is simply great, one of the coolest shots I have seen in a while. And I am glad that you brought up the cropping of the 'X' shots because I couldn't help but wonder why they were cropped a bit low. I can't believe what a cool place that is to snoot! There are so many textures here that add so much; makes what would look ordinary, look extraordinary.

The first two above are wonderful as well. The dramatic lighting in conjunction with the sepia tone really sets it off. Very cool.

Nice Jeweler. I really like the 2nd "X"!

Last edited:
Great shots\series, hard to pick a favorite, but I think I'll have to go with the last two...thought the cell block and the X were great too; like i said its hard to pick a favorite. What a great experience that must have been for you. You're so lucky to have had the chance to go through that place.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back