she asked for a divorce.....:(

haha so umm chris does that mean i should put you into the dont like the photos category....

In truth - these are just opportunistic pics here...
Being in the right place at the right time...

So by your logic, there are no good wildlife shots, as every single one is luck or being in the right place at the right time.

So by your logic, there are no good wildlife shots, as every single one is luck or being in the right place at the right time.

Honestly they are seagulls, Many of the shots are nice but I wouldnt consider them real "wildlife" images. Nor would I consider someone shooting pigeons "wildlife" photography. Are they wild animals sure but to me wildlife photography is something akin to hunting. Stalking or sitting and waiting for that right opportunity to come around to get that great image.

well, I'm just a newbie, but I really liked those shots. grew up near a beach with a boardwalk and lots of gulls and had a crappy childhood, so moody shots of gulls speak to me.
and because you asked, wifey is a bit disrespectful. 'wife' can work well enough on forums if you don't want to use her name.

well ive used wifey in front of her before and she never took offense so i believe its all in context im not meaning it derogatory but if someone takes it that way i do apologize.....
now onto the actual photography side i dont agree with that at all about the pidgeons etc...so what squirrels arent wildlife photography what about cats dogs fish etc....why cause these are urban animals they lose their sense of wildness? granted if there were bald eagles on the beach for me to shoot at i would have chosen them over the sea gulls for the simple fact they are a more interesting animal to me. so i also assume that taking photos of a lion at a zoo isnt real photography either? all photos are being at the right place at the right time no matter what unless its studio work. no photo can ever truly be duplicated (in my opinion) due to the fact the lighting will never be the same the perdicament etc....so i take this from what others have said as all photography is nothing more than luck (and to an extent i would say it is) but to take something such as a pidgeon, beach, squirrel and make it an interesting and meaningful photograph is truly an art form whether it conveys sorrow cause your wife is divorcing you or happiness cause of a marriage etc...
not everyone is going to appreciate and respect all photos there are some great photos im just not a fan of thats me and i respect your opinion. as such i just dont agree with the fact that because its sea gulls or something not setup its a bad photo. im personally not a fan of setup photos or studio photos thats my opinion but to me there is a sense and a mood you can never capture in mimicking real life

well ive used wifey in front of her before and she never took offense so i believe its all in context im not meaning it derogatory but if someone takes it that way i do apologize.....
now onto the actual photography side i dont agree with that at all about the pidgeons etc...so what squirrels arent wildlife photography what about cats dogs fish etc....why cause these are urban animals they lose their sense of wildness? granted if there were bald eagles on the beach for me to shoot at i would have chosen them over the sea gulls for the simple fact they are a more interesting animal to me. so i also assume that taking photos of a lion at a zoo isnt real photography either? all photos are being at the right place at the right time no matter what unless its studio work. no photo can ever truly be duplicated (in my opinion) due to the fact the lighting will never be the same the perdicament etc....so i take this from what others have said as all photography is nothing more than luck (and to an extent i would say it is) but to take something such as a pidgeon, beach, squirrel and make it an interesting and meaningful photograph is truly an art form whether it conveys sorrow cause your wife is divorcing you or happiness cause of a marriage etc...
not everyone is going to appreciate and respect all photos there are some great photos im just not a fan of thats me and i respect your opinion. as such i just dont agree with the fact that because its sea gulls or something not setup its a bad photo. im personally not a fan of setup photos or studio photos thats my opinion but to me there is a sense ans a mood you can never capture in mimicking real life

To be honest I wouldnt consider a lion in a zoo a wildlife shot. Although that is how I would tag it possibly in order for people to find it easier. Photography is about making your luck. Knowing how to use what your given and making a beautiful piece of art. You did that well with many of those seagull shots. I know many consider them rats with wings just like pigeons but I love watching seagulls fly and float around. With photography if you cant make your own luck you wont do well as a photographer. Sure some of the most amazing photos are the ones were someone was at the right place at the right time but you can also make that kind of luck as well to a certin extent.

Wow, most (if not all) are great. Really like 2,6, and 7. Good job relieving your stress :thumbup:

i agree make your own luck very true there are obvious places you will always get great photos just for the pure emotion even if the photos suck themselves i.e. new york around 9-11, okc after the bombing the pure emotion there were capture even in the simplest of snapshots. as far as the picture with the kids and the sea gulls i never would have gotten without the kids showing up and the sea gulls going nuts etc...i think working with any animals (including lil kids :D) is "wild"life because you just never know what they are going to do and you have to be quick to capture the shot just right

i think working with any animals (including lil kids :D) is "wild"life because you just never know what they are going to do and you have to be quick to capture the shot just right

Not going to get an arguement out of me here :lol: although with 2 kids and 12 pets I know alll to well what you are talking about.

Absolutely love the second shot. Looks like a movieproducers (if thats the profession) title like Lionsgate or something, but this would have its own. Amazing shots.

Mark

Absolutely love the second shot. Looks like a movieproducers (if thats the profession) title like Lionsgate or something, but this would have its own. Amazing shots.

Mark

movieproducers....hmmm lost me on that one...but thanks....out of curiosity if everyone really likes number two so much then maybe i should look into selling this photo....any ideas on what to do or how to go about?

You know what you should do is like the Jerk with Steve Martin.. Grab you camera and start walking out of your house with your pants around your ankles saying, "This is all I need.. My camera." Then encounter one of your lenses and say, "And this.. Now this is all I need, this camera and this lens.." Then encounter a camera bag and say, "And this bag.. This camera, this lens and this bag.." Too funny...

Most reactions

Back