She came back today

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Makes me think of our local member of Parliament who never misses a chance to get her pic taken & does little else I think. Anyhow, here she (maybe not but it fits) is again today hamming it up. :eek:

These were taken @ supper time on the shaded side of the house & I used diffused flash.

IMG_3822sm.jpg

IMG_3818sm.jpg

IMG_3808sm.jpg

IMG_3825sm.jpg

5. Do you think I am pretty?

IMG_3826sm.jpg

WOW great shots. When I scroll down it feels like one of those dramiatic zooms from the internet lol. Sorry I'm hyper :D

Ok I bet she is far more scary in real life, but really pretty bug there! Always liked the look of the mantis and you got that wonderfully iconic look of innocence in that 4th shot which those forelegs make them look like - though a portrait pose would have framed the shot a little better I feel,

Also were you trying some editing tricks with 2, the lighting looks a little flat, but the detials clear and he background verys smooth - but your getting some odd shadowing behind the bug - some layermask use and brushes (possibly clone) would help to hide/remove that effect I think and it would be worth doing on a good shot.

four is amazing. I love the depth of field. Love the fifth one too. The first one is pretty cool too.

how much did you crop them?

These pic were shot with my Canon S5 (jpeg) & Raynox 150 macro lens & post processed with Photoscape free software. The pics are not cropped. In #2 the dark halo appeared when I tried to reduce the overly exposed bug from the flash. I could have reduced the flash intensity if I had known it was overpowered but did not see it untill on the computer. :(

Thanks for your comments guys.

Most reactions

Back