Sheep in the field

Paparazzi Paul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I took this one last weekend, I just like the position of the sheep; how they were nicely centered with the hill in the backgound so I had to jump out of the car and act really fast.

bunninmt2an.jpg

:cheers: Paul

Check your PM, Paul, there's my critique-cum-suggestion.

Played with PS and added backlit clouds.
I had find backlit clouds that were compatable with the backlit landscape.
I did find I had to tone them down a great deal from the original using the levels histograms.
However I think it still looks wrong and I think I would be better if I just cropped off a little off the sky and left it the was it was or I could of toned them down a litter further - a lot further.

00sheep7qs.jpg

:cheers:

Ah no... don't like it much like this.
The mountain, which means so much to you, since you so liked how the sheep are centred before it, now looks like it was painted into the photo. Now it looks all unreal.

This is what I have already suggested as some very minor changes in a PM:

PaparazziPaul_Sheep_mychange.bmp

I prefer the original to the PS'd one with the clouds. I agree with LaFoto that the new sky looks unnatural. I prefer LaFoto's approach to cropping the sky.

Thanks for you input everyone, I worked on the big tif file one at home and icreased yellow and green saturation. All the sky needed was just a bit of cropping This is the result.

00sheep3rj.jpg

the last version is perfect :) I love the light on their faces, and what did you do that they all look at you and seem to pose??

Ah, your last version is the best, Paul, I agree. The clouds themselves weren't "unnatural" but it threw the mountain off. If the day had really been as clear and sunshiny as those clouds and blue sky suggest, the mountain would not be hazy as it appears. So the viewer's sense of reality is askew.

I'm afraid the other ps attempt does nothing to enhance any realism, either, the sky is false and it's way oversaturated, but that one wasn't your own.

PS is a great tool and you got it right in the end, but it can be dangerous during the trip! :lol:

It's a beautiful scene, and I love how you got some of the sheep to look right at you! :D The crop was spot-on. :thumbup:

mentos_007 said:
the last version is perfect :) I love the light on their faces, and what did you do that they all look at you and seem to pose??

Thanks for your comment, I can frame it and hang it now.

Most reactions

Back