She's excited about Commercial Day!!

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just finished reading about a lighting technique and was trying to light from two different directions, as well as having the natural light behind her.. Since she doesn't like to pose, I got her all fired up about Commercial Day (how Superbowl day is affectionately know in our house)..

02_01_2009_69902.jpg

We always have some friends over to watch the commercials and the annoying footbal in between... LOL

Of course my wife had to make a cake...

02_01_2009_6995.jpg

02_01_2009_6996.jpg

02_01_2009_6997.jpg

Go Steelers..

Last edited:
love the cake!! my wife made a super bowl one too... cept she used fondant frosting, and made a field as well... just took a shot with my iphone, so its not so great... just wanted to show you.. she just started getting into cake decorating...

as for the pics.. the one of your daughter looks good... face is a touch to bright.. but not really that bad.

20090201-dg8ed7723w8c55nwtqrey8wfw2.jpg

love the cake!! my wife made a super bowl one too... cept she used fondant frosting, and made a field as well... just took a shot with my iphone, so its not so great... just wanted to show you.. she just started getting into cake decorating...

as for the pics.. the one of your daughter looks good... face is a touch to bright.. but not really that bad.

20090201-dg8ed7723w8c55nwtqrey8wfw2.jpg

Chris, it's a good start.. My wife jumped in with both feet-to the point that we have dedicated an entire drawer to her hobby after the first $100 cake she sold. She loves to just do it for fun, but for strangers that hear about her through word of mouth, she doesn't mind charging..

This cake my wife did was just a quickie with piped on icing, but she prefers to use marshmallow fondant, as well.

Most reactions

Back