Shipping Lanes.

Bifurcator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Also near my house.

Yesterday.jpg

JPeg compression kinda ruined the sky but...
Crits and comments always welcome!

I LOVE the airplane in the sun. That is so neat, and I would think it would be very difficult to get.

Hehehe, yeah, I was trying to include the plane in the image but not in the middle of the Sun. When looking through my EVF which is a great EVF otherwise, at the Sun all you can see really are the anamorphic blue, red and yellow streaks with a giant bright spot that dominates the entire view. You can see it OK with some kind of dark filter on though.

The plane actually looked allot bigger with the naked eye. I guess being directly between the Sun and the CCD made it look much smaller somehow. Directly looking at it I could tell it was white, with a blue stripe and could see the passenger windows - though not individually.

Thanks tirediron!

Nice shot, that place looks pretty polluted!
I know you didn't really want the plane in the sun, but I think it's awesome!

The plane was a nice surprise. :D

Polluted... hmm, well the haze is a mostly water vapor but there are a bunch of smelting factories over on that side. Toyota (among other Japanese corporations) conduct all aspects of manufacture. In Toyota's case they mine the ore (abroad), ship it in on their own shipping lines, make it into steel or whatever other metals they use allot of, press the metal sheets into car body parts or mold the engine blocks etc., assemble it all, and then ship it abroad. When I first came here I taught English to some of the higher ups in Toyota. They told me that it's costs about $50 to make a car and that it doesn't matter what model. Weird huh? Anyway the air smells fresh and crisp and damp.

But I guess Japanese companies are unlike other country's corporations in that they actually try on their own not to pollute their own land. What they do in other countries I don't know. And I do know it wasn't always so either. In the 50's and early 60's when Japan's production (The three C's) was getting under way they were very careless and conditions were bad.

That far out it's alright but the water in some areas of the channel further in tastes like diesel boat fuel tho. :(

It's quite possible it's smaller because of the diffusion of light that could be bending aroud the plane making it look smaller. Either way... I like that you have the plane in the sun and you caught the moment just right!

That sounds like that could be it... If you look at the google map you can see where they're taking off from too.. Kinda neat! ;)

And thanks for compliment yo! It makes me happy to be able to share the art of a moment in time or the feeling of a place! Seriously!

I'm pooped... Time for my Alex Jones radio and some much needed sleep. See yall in about 7 hours. :D

I like the plane in the middle of the sun :) I almost thought it was photoshopped at first hehe

I love it. Thanks for posting it.

I like the plane in the middle of the sun :) I almost thought it was photoshopped at first hehe

I probably would have made it bigger with some details if it were a post effect. I took 6 shots with different angles and frame orientations, each time waiting for a plane to be in frame. They were coming about 10 min. apart - enough time for the Sun to change the lighting a little. I liked the lighting on this one best - and... :D there was that plane. :confused:

I love it. Thanks for posting it.

My pleasure! Thanks for enjoying it!

Why thank you Miss Mia, and you're entirely welcome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back