"Shoot" and "Shot" and "Shooting"

Not really worried about that, since I shot the sheriff. Of course, forgetting to also shoot the deputy may prove problematic.

The shooting of the sheriff, was it in self defense?

i'd weight in but I have to go to the drive way where i parked my car and go drive down the parkway because its the only way to get to my destination to go do some shooting. hmmmm I guess there are all sorts of ways of saying things.

I like stuff....

Stuff makes me laugh...

I like stuff....

Stuff makes me laugh...

Here you go. Now you can laugh till ya puke.;)

$green-stuff.jpg

I think the issue isn't so much about whether the terms are irritating or not, what is important is how your clients (not customers!) perceive you. Some words sound more professional than others, so in turn, you are perceived as being more professional. What sounds better "I'm going to take a great shot of your family" or "I'm going to create a beautiful photo of your family" 'Picture' is another word that devalues your craft. Other negative words are 'cost' and 'price'. It's much better to say 'investment'. I learned the importance of the words you use from the great American salesman Zig Ziglar (who died last week).

I think the issue isn't so much about whether the terms are irritating or not, what is important is how your clients (not customers!) perceive you. Some words sound more professional than others, so in turn, you are perceived as being more professional. What sounds better "I'm going to take a great shot of your family" or "I'm going to create a beautiful photo of your family" 'Picture' is another word that devalues your craft. Other negative words are 'cost' and 'price'. It's much better to say 'investment'. I learned the importance of the words you use from the great American salesman Zig Ziglar (who died last week).

I think this falls in with the great pussification of America. Who cares, people have heard shoot, shot and shooting for years. They know what's being said. Let it go.

Last edited:

Ahh, I can here it now......"Yes is this the Penny's photo booth? I wondering what is the investment to get some pictures of my 5 year old?"

Most reactions

Back