Shoot from Hell

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by CanonSnob, May 11, 2008.

1. CanonSnob

CanonSnob TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'll just get right into it. Had an event to shoot. First problem I run into is the 580exII wasn't being triggered by the pocket wizzards. Wasted a lot of time trying to solve that one only to find that the sync on the 580 I rented was crap, and you had to fiddle with it to get is JUST RIGHT in order for it to work. Then 50 frames later the whole thing just goes bonkers and quits working. So I put in my old 580ex, not the II so no sync to do wireless flash which is a bummer. But hey at least I got something to use for a flash. Well that lasted 100 frames before it started taking it 45sec between recycles even though it was on a fully charged quantum turbo??? I make it through the night with lots of frustration only to get home and get an error on one of my 2 memory cards (the second and more important shots) "No more producing folder" what ever that means, and ALL the shots are gone!:grumpy: I utterly hate life right now!

2. cdanddvdpublisher

cdanddvdpublisher TPF Noob!

I have nothing really to offer, but just wanted to say that sucks and I can totally see why you'd be hatin' life. Sometimes these things do happen, but it really really sucks when it does.

3. christopher walrath

christopher walrath No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Had a wedding from hell. Now my dress clothes are appropriate for Sussex County, Delaware, blue jeans and a white shirt with a collar. However I need to present myself better at a wedding I'm shooting. Now, I have a peculiar body shape. I wear a 4xlt shirt, neck size is 19", dunlop's waist size of 50", a** size somewhat more prominent. I get some clothes from a local clothier and figure they know what they're doin' so I don't fit the clothes while I'm there. Yeah, I know, no, I'm serious, stop laughing. So what!

As I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted, Sunday Morning, put on shirt, um, part way. So much for a relaxing am before the ceremony. Run down to Lewes, they're not open. OK. Crap. Run to WalMart, knowing better than to expect clothing to fit my girth (only skinny people shop at WalMart), turn around chagrinned and run back down to Lewes. They're there. I say that they're 19" neck size shirt ain't happenin'. 'Oh, they have a standard size that goes with the neck size. You shoulda got one of these.' Your young guy should known that on Friday and your customer shoulda tried on THE DAMN CLOTHES IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    But all went well all things considered and the wedding was a disaster to begin with and stayed that way. But that is a story for another day.

4. Joves

Joves No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Have you tried finding a recovery tool for your card? I feel your pain on a bad day. I had my one camera fall in the water when I was shooting. Thank god I was only using a P&S then.

5. Neuner

Neuner TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I second the option of trying to use a recovery program. There are a couple that are free but most at least have a trial period that you could use to see if it would retrieve the pictures for you. I've used this type of program and it works great.