Shoot Me. I Dropped My Camera

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I stepped on the strap and it pulled it right out of hands. I know, I know....ALWAYS carry it around your neck. One time, one stinking time that I don't and now it won't power on:BangHead: Any ideas?

I stepped on the strap and it pulled it right out of hands. I know, I know....ALWAYS carry it around your neck. One time, one stinking time that I don't and now it won't power on:BangHead: Any ideas?

Ugh... well, first thing I think would be to remove the battery, let it sit for a bit, then try putting the battery back in (or better yet a different battery if you have one) and try powering it up.

In the meantime I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Your finger crossing may have done the trick. It isn't as serious as I first feared. Apparently the drop damaged the grip. I took it off, reinstalled the battery compartment door and it's on. Lesson learned. Never again! Thank you for the concern and suggestion.

Your finger crossing may have done the trick. It isn't as serious as I first feared. Apparently the drop damaged the grip. I took it off, reinstalled the battery compartment door and it's on. Lesson learned. Never again! Thank you for the concern and suggestion.

Whew.. man, what a huge relief. Glad to hear everything is up and running again.

Grips ... "car bumpers" for cameras.

Sucks to lose the grip but awesome that it saved the camera.

Glad to hear the you're still going to be shooting.

Makes me think I should wear my harness more. I usually just hand carry and I have no strap on it.

The strap gets in my way for my right hand. So my strap ends actually both connect to the left camera strap eyelet.

Great.

Juuuuuuuust great!

Now we will have to endure an endless litany of "Should I grip my camera in order to prevent damage to it if I drop it?" posts.

Great.

Juuuuuuuust great!

Now we will have to endure an endless litany of "Should I grip my camera in order to prevent damage to it if I drop it?" posts.
Available SOON .. airbags for your camera !!
motion sensors detect fast movement down and deploy mini airbags to protect the camera. Optional versions available for lenses too!!

:)

Grips save cameras and filters save lenses. So what saves the filters and the grips?

Great.

Juuuuuuuust great!

You can be the one too make the YouTube video where your beating the crap out of your camera with a hammer... lol

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Great.

Juuuuuuuust great!

You can be the one too make the YouTube video where your beating the crap out of your camera with a hammer... lol

Just make sure to only hammer the grip. So the camera body will be saved !!

Great.

Juuuuuuuust great!

My hammer will have a handle. Would that be considered a 'grip'? If so, wouldn't that skew any results?

I've almost dropped mine. I can appreciate that sickening feeling of shock that seems to last for an eternity as you see your prized possession headed for the ground.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back