Shooting a Heron when, this guy comes out of no-where

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well actually I knew he was around, It was sitting at-top a large metal power pole, where I have seen this one before before. This was the first time he came down and grabbed a fish in front of me, I was lucky enough to catch him out of the corner of my eye and start shooting him. the un-fortunate thing was the background, as well as, I was shooting at F10 for the stationary heron and that didn't help anything as far as the already ugly background. I still am very grateful to have a photo of an eagle fishing, as i have been waiting a while to get a photo like this.

there was a lot of heron and egret activity as usual, but this really topped the day for me this time.

1)
eg_1.jpg

2)the grab.
eg_2.jpg

3)
eg_3.jpg

4)
eg_4.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics!

OK, Matt, I did like you, but this is despicable! How dare you pull off the best Eagle shot I have ever seen. The nerve of you! Clearly you have a defective D7100, I think you should return it immediately and pick up a D40. (It is KR's favorite camera after all). :) Fantastic Series :)

Holy Awesomeness

yeah.... wow!!!

Stunning, really.
I thought you weren't supposed to have TIME for this stuff anymore--I was hoping your skills would get rusty and I could gain some ground on you. :lol:
Just kidding! I'll never gain any ground on you and Kris anyway, might as well enjoy seeing what you produce!

I got to see more eagles at one time than I've ever seen in my life this weekend. About 16 of them, 4 adults and the rest juveniles at one of the nearby dams. I got a few pictures, even a few of them fishing, but they look like they were taken by a monkey with a Kodak Instamatic compared to these.

Ebpt...duh...buh...thppt...herpderp....BIRD!

I was driving to church Sunday morning a week ago, and saw what I thought was a buzzard landing on the side of the road. Then I thought, "I've never seen a buzzard with a white head before." As I got closer, I thought, "Wow. That looks a lot like a bald eagle, but this is Muskogee, and we're basically in town. I can't imagine....EAGLE! OMG! THAT'S A BALD EAGLE." I stopped the car in the middle of the road and grabbed my phone. But by the time I got the filthy window down, all I saw was tail feathers.

Amazing series!

Most reactions

Back