Shooting birds

JayJay65

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have alot of trees and wildlife near my house.. The backyard always has many birds and everything, but I need tips on getting them OUT of the trees..

So far ive came up with..

- Setting up a bird feeder
- Feeding them at the same spot whenever I can

Anymore ideas?

put a branch or twig near the feeder so that they perch on it before they go to the feeder, and with a bit of luck your get some good shots of birds on the branch which will look more natural than the feeder

I have alot of trees and wildlife near my house.. The backyard always has many birds and everything, but I need tips on getting them OUT of the trees..

So far ive came up with..

- Setting up a bird feeder
- Feeding them at the same spot whenever I can

Anymore ideas?

Do what I did...find a mama sitting on her nest. She won't move at all when she's sitting on eggs. We had a ring-neck dove in the tree in our front yard. I took advantage of this (unwilling, no doubt) and shot tons of pics of her. Good thing I did too, she's since abandoned her nest. My tree must not be a good nesting site as there are now 2 abandoned nests and broken shells from 2 types of birds (white eggs and speckled eggs), not to mention the 3 dead babies I found in my driveway. I have no clue as to what happened to them.

If you live in a house you can try sprinkling bird seed in your yard and they birds will come every day for more, usually in the morning. They're skittish so you'd probably want to set up a blind or just keep the door open and wait for them. If you do this, you'll want to be all set up before they arrive.

Most reactions

Back