Shooting during snowfall...

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...good or bad idea? I'm bored at home and it's snowing and thinking if I should go out and take some pictures while its snowing. Is there a possibility of moisture getting into my camera?

i just did it... my camera is fine... but of course there is always a possibility.. just make sure you keep your camera covered when not using it

yea I'll have my camera backpack or just tuck it inside my coat. OK I guess Off I go. lol

It would probably be a good idea to use a lens hood, to decrease the chance of snowflakes smudging your lens.

I have hoods on all my lenses except my 50mm and 18-55 which I probobly wont be using today since I still love the pictures my 10-20 gives me :p

I shoot quite a bit in the snow... i usually just keep the camera hangin off my neck inside my jacket... then pull it out quickly for the shot....

I won't go so far as to mount it on a tripod and take my time though.... and my S**T is supposed to be weather sealed... no thanks...

OK I'm back. I just walked and covered my camera with my arm and when I wanted to take a picture I just grabbed it, took the shot and covered it. Now my camera is drying. I was thinking about taking my tripod but I thought that it would be a bad idea lol. I'll have the pics up later when I get back from work.

Wouldn't it be simple to take some kind of plastic bag and put your camera in it? Then, poke a hole or use the existing opening of the bag and have it sealed to the end of your lens with a rubber band. You can do the same with a small hole and the viewfinder. Use a lens hood on the end of the lens to protect the lens sticking out. Simple.

Wouldn't it be simple to take some kind of plastic bag and put your camera in it? Then, poke a hole or use the existing opening of the bag and have it sealed to the end of your lens with a rubber band. You can do the same with a small hole and the viewfinder. Use a lens hood on the end of the lens to protect the lens sticking out. Simple.

Sounds pretty simple .. and also just a little too practical...

most likely better to spend a couple hundred bucks on something that does the same thing but also has catchy marketing words like "laser"

Use this cutting-edge technology:

capsHatUmbrella.gif

Use this cutting-edge technology:

capsHatUmbrella.gif

Nice Work!

even better make the outside black and the inside white and you'll be able to bounce the flash off ur head for great macro diffusion...

OK I'm back. I just walked and covered my camera with my arm and when I wanted to take a picture I just grabbed it, took the shot and covered it. Now my camera is drying. I was thinking about taking my tripod but I thought that it would be a bad idea lol. I'll have the pics up later when I get back from work.

I think you're being a little over-protective of your gear (especially the tripod). Trust me, it can handle a little snow.

It might actually be better to keep it away from your body, so the temperatures on both sides of the glass will equalize (no fogging).

well I didn't have time to take a lot of pictures since I had to go to work so I only had about 20 minutes of shooting. The pics will be up soon.

I think you're being a little over-protective of your gear (especially the tripod). Trust me, it can handle a little snow.

It might actually be better to keep it away from your body, so the temperatures on both sides of the glass will equalize (no fogging).

lol... is that how you deal with snow in Texas?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back