Shooting in CA for bro and his wife. need permission?

Derek Zoolander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do photographers need permission to shoot at hotels/resorts on the property? I want to bring umbrellas and off camera flash so it can turn into somewhat of a spectacle. It's not commercial photography so would they let me?

Do photographers need permission to shoot at hotels/resorts on the property? I want to bring umbrellas and off camera flash so it can turn into somewhat of a spectacle. It's not commercial photography so would they let me?

Clearly, it is private property and they have the legal right to be anal about it. However, my gut feel is that there will be no problem as long as you are not inconveniencing other guests.

It's not commercial photography so would they let me?

Not sure, but it could be the case where 'if it looks commercial, it is' to them.
Same as the no 'good' cameras at events rule...

Just ask. The worst that can happen is they say no.

Or you could just do it, and stop if they ask you to. :lol:

If they don't tell you not to, then I would think you would be ok doing it ( unless its blatantly posted somewhere ). And as long as you do not include any trademarked images or logos or anything from the hotel in the background. It might be best to just ask a manager. Stroke their ego and tell them that the hotel was so nice and meticulously maintained that you wanted to use it as the backdrop from some photoshoots. They may be thrilled at the attention that it might get them.

Most reactions

Back