Shooting in Major Cities

Its not about terrorism, really. It is about lack of knowledge, lack of understanding and a strong desire to have a power trip on the back of some poor guy holding a camera or two.

In other cases, it is about money... as the person who is a serious amateur with all this equipment will likely be asked if he picked up his permit to shoot in that area of NYC and if not, asked to pack it up and move on.

Hm.. Good point.. Terrorism is just a nice excuse. :meh:

You remind me of a television clip my sons showed me made by an Australian Reality TV company. They sent a tourist looking person to take pictures of the Sydney Bridge. Nobody took any notice at all. The same guy went to the same place at the same time the next day. On this occassion he was dressed with a white robe and head covering finished off with the standard red and white keffiyeh. Within minutes he was aprehended and refused permission to take pictures! Funny, perhaps, to watch but there is a serious message there too.

Jansport Backpacks
Men's Ties

Why does Quebec have to make things difficult? Montreal has some great areas to shoot! But I'll be damned if I have to pay rent a cops and shoot at 2am especially if I am trying to capture people.

In UK things are a bit silly, you are might be asked to hand over your details in case you take photos of police.

Why does Quebec have to make things difficult? Montreal has some great areas to shoot! But I'll be damned if I have to pay rent a cops and shoot at 2am especially if I am trying to capture people.
I think they are just funding the hockey team....the Canadiens....:lol::lol::lol:

The trap has a simple loophole. Don't shoot in the metro (for those outside of Quebec, that is our equivalent of the underground subway or train system). People abound everywhere and needing a permit is the city's way to discourage this, and if they cannot, they darn well sure will find a way to make a buck off of it.

Besides, the REAL action is near any of the hundreds of water fountains in Montreal anytime between 11 and 1 PM on any warm (better if it is hot), day... that's the time all the ladies with the really short skirts feel the need to cool their toes off on the water during their lunch hour. ;)

Funny... I was in the Old Port of Montreal not more than a few days ago and took hundreds of pics and not a single issue. Maybe becuase I was wearing my "I am a photographer, not a terrorist" T-shirt? :lol:

JerryPH, Was the shirt in English? I am surprised the language police did try and charge you! :) This summer I am heading to NB and will be travelling via Old Quebec City and hopefully won't be stopped there.

If your thinking of taking shots like I am around the GWB on the NY side I be more worried about the bums that live in the park and in the under passes more than the cops.

Most reactions

Back