shooting in public

I also think the strobes may be a problem, and agree with the statement that extra equipment gives you the impression that your pics are for commercial uses. I've stopped taking my tripod to public places because apparently it gives the impression that I'm a pro (even though I'm still new to this shooting with my XTi) and I've been stopped a few times with my tripod out, but have never been stopped when it was just my camera out.

I also think for public photography, a backpack camera bag would be a great idea because it looks more "normal" than a typical camera bag and people would be less likely to think you're a commercial pro shooter.

yes, the issue is that i would be shooting portraits. i don't think personal portraits fall under commercial photog but i may be wrong. i just don't want to be hassled in case i actually do have a good shoot going.

how does one go about doing an urban shoot?

You will be blocking people with your setup, hence you should ask for permission. Btw, if some people managed to trip over your setup, you will be....sued.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back