Shooting in RAW

Discussion in 'HDR Discussions' started by 1000DUser, Jul 25, 2010.

1. 1000DUser

1000DUser TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey guys, there somethin i dont understand, when i shoot in RAW and then i process it to a HDR i cant do anything with it. it just stays at RAW, if i wanna like print it or use it as a wallpaper, must it be in JPEG? and if so, how do i change it to JPEG?

2. ann

ann No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    what software are you using to merge the files.

frequently folks make correction if needed in RAW with the program they prefer for that function. Save as tiff, move to the HDR program, create the image and then tweak with PS or what ever program you using and then if you need change to a jpeg file, but the tiff file needs to be change to 8 bit rather than 16 bit, or it won't allow saving as a jpeg file.

3. 1000DUser

1000DUser TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hmm i'm currently using a free program, just trying out HDR before getting to serious like using Photomatix, but using Picturenaut i dont seem to be getting my results with 0 -1 +1 EV, 3 photos, idk if picturenaut can convert files from RAW into JPEG

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Photomatix is free to try, some features of it will put a watermark on your image, but give it a shot. It is widely considered the goto software for creating HDR files. Also, it looks like you bracketed by +1 or -1, can you increase the difference to +2 and -2? This will give your final image an larger difference in dynamic range.

If this isn't making sense let me know what camera body you have.

5. DirtyDFeckers

DirtyDFeckers TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Also, to add to this, if you go to Adobe.com, you can download Photoshop CS5 for 30 days for free... No watermarks, and no restrictions...Its the full program. The HDR portion of the software is fairly easy to use. So give that a shot, or download Photomatix, which is also a free trial that never expires. You get all of the benefits of the program. The only thing about it is once you finish your tone mapping, a watermark is put on your image during the final processing. But give either of them a shot, Photomatix is a very user friendly program that produces fine images.