Shooting Maco IR820?

Discussion in 'Alternative Techniques & Photo Gallery' started by DIRT, Sep 14, 2005.

1. DIRT

DIRT TPF Noob!

Has anybody shot this film? I have a few rolls of 120 size and need a starting point for rating it. Where are you when I need you Terri?

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Patience, young Grasshopper.....here I am.

:mrgreen:

Okay, so I've not shot the stuff. But Brad just ran a test roll, playing around over the weekend while at our arts festival. These are 2 quick scans from his negatives. He likes it, although we miss that HIE glow. ;) But he wants something to replace the Konica and this is what's out there right now.

He used a #29 red filter - slightly denser than the #25. And he rated it 12 - that's right, 12 ISO. So have a sturdy tripod available. :razz: Actually, he said he wants to rate it around 6 next time, so a tripod AND a shutter release cable are essential tools with this stuff.

He shot these with his older Rolleiflex automat, which has an uncoated Schneider Xenar 3.5 lens - (he read somewhere that uncoated lenses are slightly better for IR?), maybe 1/8 at f11? I'm guessing at those exposures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. santino

santino TPF Noob!

thats no help but I shot Maco 25up Plus and it's a very good film, just a too thin for me polyester base.

4. DIRT

DIRT TPF Noob!

thanks terri, I just shot a roll at iso 12 and red filter and the negs look good, I like it so far.