Shooting Motorsports (hot Sunny day)

cosmom3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going to be having a track day on Saturday, but while I'm not out there driving id like to capture as many shots possible.

Its going be HOT and its gonna be bright Guaranteed!

91 degrees :thumbdown:
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdet...A1244?dayNum=2

The track is located in a very hilly area, with little shade. So my question for you guys, is how am I going to make these pictures turn out great and not come out over exposed? What I mean by this, is what ISO, AP etc. I'm a rookie, and trying to learn in manual settings rather than auto focus, so please bare with me ;)

Thanks for your help!

Camera: Rebel XTi
Lens: 17-85mm

-Andrew

Try setting your camera to shutter priority at about 1/125. If it's bright, leave the ISO at 100, AI servo on the autofocus and practise panning - you'll probably want to set to continual shooting as well.

With motorsport, you get no prizes for trying to manually alter your settings when you're trying to take a shot - you just get the back end of a car if your lucky.

Also, you might find your lens a little short - worth asking a friend if they can lend you a 200 or 300mm lens as the cars can be quite far away from viewing areas - unless it's one of them 'go round in a circle' type tracks that you have over there.

hth

Most reactions

Back