Shooting my nieces - tough day!

Maggedy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
They are 7 and 10, and I must have thrown away 300 shots of goofy faces. I liked these though. Thoughts?

The pictures are washed out. Could benefit from some processor or playinging around with lighting and color settings in your camera.

834006860_TnAyR-L.jpg

The pictures are a little too desaturated, but I still really like them. And the watermark is distracting.

And the winner is:

niece.jpg

Converted to BW, pushing the Blue channel a bit to get a bit more emphasis on her eyes, added some Bokeh and vignette. I really like this shot!

I think the contrast was taken down on purpose, as well as the color scheme, to give a 'vintage' look. Some people really hate this and prefer a natural look, while others seem to go crazy for it.

It works OK here in my opinion. I think #2 is the best shot. I think it works good in landscape... the others might have been better holding the camera in portrait orientation (so that she would fill more of the frame).

I think the colors on her shirt clash a bit with the picture.. I might try adjusting them and posting back here.

EDIT: Ok... here's my take. As I always say, I only edit stuff I think is good. :)

maggedyedit.jpg

I tried to take some of the color out of the shirt, make it a bit darker, even her skin tones (especially the arm... it wasn't matching up. Took some red out of her hand... other minor tweaks.

Last edited:
very beautiful pics

I love everyone's edits and comments. Thank you for the clear constructive criticism and some great new images!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back