Shooting RAW for sports

Learning and understanding the sport is really key to pictures. There are times when I do burst off 10-15 shots, players running towards me as an example. It really does come down to lots of practice, like any other area of photography.

I shoot raw most of the time unless it's a session that doesn't matter.
Consider, if you shoot in raw you can convert to jpg or whatever in batch BUT if you shoot in jpg - there you are.
Personally I like to have as many options as possible.

It all comes down to personal choice and having the exposure right coming out of the camera. Both have their advantages. A good jpeg exposure will always beat a poor raw exposure. You may be able to save a questionable exposure in raw, jpeg you may be done. It's a subject that will be bashed to death over and over, and one that never has a perfect answer.

Well I tried a few games. The buffer issue usually does not cause a problem. I am trying not going crazy with the shots. I found that I need to put it on full manual in all aspects so all the photos come out the same so I can batch edit them. I guess I will continue the RAW for awhile.

I found that setting the white balance, aperture, shutter speed all help the batch edits. I try to change the folder when I adjust the settings. In Wisconsin at 700 it is still light out but by the end of the game it is total dark.

brad

Most reactions

Back