Shooting skateboard, tips please!

Nyberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello!
I just got a deal with a skateboardpark that includes me to get into thier park and shoot the skaters during februari. I see this as an awesome oppertunity to learn to shoot fastmoving targets.

I was there yesterday but forgot my flash at home = stupid. Do you guys have and tips for future work?
Is it best to "arrange" their tricks and so on?
All tips would be helpful!

Cheers
Nyberg

You have to keep a lookout for Good tricks you gotta know a bit about skateboarding;
Grinds, Slides, Flips, etc.; Get Low And Get Dirty; also Fisheye is a must for this type of pics; I'll share some more in a few minutes!

You have to keep a lookout for Good tricks you gotta know a bit about skateboarding;
Grinds, Slides, Flips, etc.; Get Low And Get Dirty; also Fisheye is a must for this type of pics; I'll share some more in a few minutes!

Thanks :) I know a bit about it. I dont own a fisheye tho, but does 17mm work? :))

Thanks :) I know a bit about it. I dont own a fisheye tho, but does 17mm work? :))

Fisheye Lens or Adpater?; and Yeah 17mm will work!

STROBIST!!! is another Must!

This shots are from my boi aGabo! 17mm on first 2 & 8mm Fish on the Last 2!

Check out his Site ---> www.agabophotoworks.com

3683767388_4c10f4bde5.jpg
3588166978_7946cbd2a8.jpg

3093927307_dffee6f97c.jpg
3094772112_078f6f0a0a.jpg

Nice! And as fast shutterspeed as possible i guess. How about focus. Manual or auto?

Last edited:
Update the quote takes less space! lol

The Focus depends on the trick; is you stay static on someones 'try' on the same trick you should set to Manual; it quicker; but if you are randomly shooting Auto FTW!

Update the quote takes less space! lol

The Focus depends on the trick; is you stay static on someones 'try' on the same trick you should set to Manual; it quicker; but if you are randomly shooting Auto FTW!

hehe, sorry ;D well thanks for your help :) will probably do some shooting tomorrow so I'll be back then (;

It is a good thing you aren't writing for them, work on your spelling bro!

Bugger Off with your no-good reply! ; thinking you're so clever
Give him a Break He's From Sweden & I'm From Puerto Rico; From What i See We Both are Bilinguals or at least trying; I bet your sorry ass only speaks English at the most ! :grumpy:

Yours
hello!
I just got a deal with a skateboardpark that includes me to get into thier park and shoot the skaters during februari. I see this as an awesome oppertunity to learn to shoot fastmoving targets.
Cheers
Nyberg

Better
hello!
I just got a deal with a skateboard park that includes me to get into their park and shoot the skaters during February. I see this as an awesome opportunity to learn to shoot fast-moving targets.
Cheers
Nyberg

People will take you a little more seriously if you spell correctly and use proper syntax.

Give him a Break He's From Sweden & I'm From Puerto Rico; From What i See We Both are Bilinguals or at least trying; I bet your sorry ass only speaks English at the most ! :grumpy:

I will not argue that at all, and I wasn't even referring to you however he made simple spelling mistakes and I wasn't trying to be a jerk by correcting him. You're right by the way, I am a monolingual American, however I love my Swedish heritage and want to learn the language!

I will not argue that at all, and I wasn't even referring to you however he made simple spelling mistakes and I wasn't trying to be a jerk by correcting him. You're right by the way, I am a monolingual American, however I love my Swedish heritage and want to learn the language!

Good for you!; we cool man! I Apologize for getting a bit upset I'm a big forum addict I post on like 100 haha!; and get that grammar and syntax heat a lot! gets on my nerves LOL!

Understood, I don't mean to rip on someone speaking a 2nd language. To be honest I didn't even bother to look at either of your locations.
You're both doing pretty good considering!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back